Fresh Air ventilation helmets
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Fresh Air ventilation helmets within the YXZ Roll cages, Seats and Belts forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; I am not to familiar with these fresh air ventilation systems for helmets and I am tired of breathing all this dirt. I was wondering ...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Fresh Air ventilation helmets

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times

I am not to familiar with these fresh air ventilation systems for helmets and I am tired of breathing all this dirt. I was wondering if I have to buy new helmets or can I add a connection for the blower hose to my existing helmets. I have no problem getting one for myself, but my wife only will use a modular style helmet and I have not seen any that will work with the fresh air blowers. Thanks for any help.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Speedway motors dot com. Look up fresh air and it will list Bell's retro fit kits. They work with most helmets.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ForcefedY View Post
    Speedway motors dot com. Look up fresh air and it will list Bell's retro fit kits. They work with most helmets.
    awesome, thank you!

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1039 times
    ben looking at these also. I tried on an HJC this weekend and didnt like how close the visor and helmet front was to my face. My lips actually touched the mic and that seemed too uncomfortable to me. I need to try on a few different brands to make sure I get one that fits my head profile. All helmets are not created equal, so its kind of important to test fit them.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1285 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog View Post
    ben looking at these also. I tried on an HJC this weekend and didnt like how close the visor and helmet front was to my face. My lips actually touched the mic and that seemed too uncomfortable to me. I need to try on a few different brands to make sure I get one that fits my head profile. All helmets are not created equal, so its kind of important to test fit them.
    Helmet fitment is so important. Their are different shapes skulls and thus needing different shape helmets. I can't wear most HJC's because the are a round helmet. I usually wear an intermediate to long oval and have found the Impacts to fit best. I do think it sucks when looking at forced air helmets that they don't give shape and weight specs like they do in the on road two wheeled world.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    I ordered a kit to add to my current helmet I just bought, to see if I can make it work it, as well as my wife's modular.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    218 times
    I looked for a kit myself but didn't find anything worthy. When I decided to dump $$ into an intercom/car2car system I bought the Rugged Radios Pyrotech Sport helmet with side air and prewired headset. Wow what a great helmet! As for the pumper well I went budget and the PCI RaceAir lite works but doesn't provide as much air volume as I expected. Just finished a race last weekend and though I didn't breathe dust I did have sweat dripping in my eyes. Thought I'd stay cooler with it. Biggest surprise with air pumpers? The blower noise that comes through the hose into your helmet...its loud. Compared to another drivers pumper and the same thing. Maybe its just the PCI units but....
    16 YXZ Blue, #730
    Please tread lightly, ride responsibly and represent our sport in a professional manner.
    And most of all join your local clubs to ensure your voice is heard to keep our Public Lands PUBLIC

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1039 times
    "Biggest surprise with air pumpers? The blower noise that comes through the hose into your helmet...its loud. Compared to another drivers pumper and the same thing."

I noticed the same thing when I tried on the HJC helmet and hooked up the pumper. It made it sound like there was an echo inside the helmet. That may just take some time to get used to. I am also wondering how hard it would be to route the air hose thru a sealed cooler so it will cool the air down and give a better air conditioned feel. I am thinking I could use frozen bottles of water so it doesnt get messy and can be reused. any other ideas?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1285 times
    The Parker pumper I use has some noise to it but it's never bothered me. It also depends on where the air inlet is and how the helmet is ducted. There are cooling units available and you can DIY one too.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1039 times
    Been looking at some products from race ready. better selection than I have seen elsewhere. just doing my homework first. RR had a great looking air pumper for 2 that put out alot more cfm's but its pricey.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links