Who's got the best price on stu blasters #2 ? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Who's got the best price on stu blasters #2 ?

This is a discussion on Who's got the best price on stu blasters #2 ? within the YXZ Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; Originally Posted by St. Anthony Dunes If you're always in 4wd u sure missing a lot fun ...... We Dune fast and 4wd is Faster ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Who's got the best price on stu blasters #2 ?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Anthony Dunes View Post
    If you're always in 4wd u sure missing a lot fun ......
    We Dune fast and 4wd is Faster than 2wd which is sloppy. Sloppy is fun sometimes but not fast.👍

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    sand shark likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Exracer2 View Post
    Sold my sti sand drifters and looking for the best price on stu's ?
    Fullerton Sand Tires will have good prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Projectdunenator,
    Call Cole at Fullerton , if skats are what you looking for , he has plenty.
    I was there yesterday for almost a half a day . I took my 28"s STU's to get comp cut , shaved 6 pounds of each tire , started at 26.2 pounds and ended up at 20.1 , we weighted a 30" skat and skat was just a little heavier at 21.2 pounds .
    Doing it one gear at a time!!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Best View Post
    Projectdunenator,
    Call Cole at Fullerton , if skats are what you looking for , he has plenty.
    I was there yesterday for almost a half a day . I took my 28"s STU's to get comp cut , shaved 6 pounds of each tire , started at 26.2 pounds and ended up at 20.1 , we weighted a 30" skat and skat was just a little heavier at 21.2 pounds .
    Are you running #2 paddle STU's or #1? I'm looking into STU's for upcoming dune season. I stopped by Fullerton Sand Sports a few weeks ago and had a good talk with Dave (I think that was his name) and he steered me towards the 26" STU #1 pro's and mentioned getting them comp cut also. For the fronts he said smoothies with ruff buff. He said this combo works very well with my turbo YXZ! Just curious if the #2 paddle is too much tire for my setup and fast dunning, no drag racing? Would be nice to try both tires before dropping that kind of coin!!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    ishift , I'm running #2 straight paddle. I ran 26"s comp cut with my turbo , I was at 7.5 pounds . That was not enough tire for me . Sold them and went with 28's with #2 paddles car ran good and it look good , My car ran good at 7.5 pounds and it runs good at 12.5 pounds with this tire . If you like fast dunning you should be OK. I believe several other forum members are running this set up . I just comp cut my tires because I like to race from time to time and I think that will help some, 1st gear is high on this cars and if you don't get little wheel spin off the line it will bog the car down at least in my case. I will try them at pismo at the end of the month. If you like the STU style and get 28's you could tune them to your preference, you can comp cut and do a 70/30 stagger. It all depends on how you like it . And yea It was Dave. lol.
    Doing it one gear at a time!!!!!!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Best View Post
    ishift , I'm running #2 straight paddle. I ran 26"s comp cut with my turbo , I was at 7.5 pounds . That was not enough tire for me . Sold them and went with 28's with #2 paddles car ran good and it look good , My car ran good at 7.5 pounds and it runs good at 12.5 pounds with this tire . If you like fast dunning you should be OK. I believe several other forum members are running this set up . I just comp cut my tires because I like to race from time to time and I think that will help some, 1st gear is high on this cars and if you don't get little wheel spin off the line it will bog the car down at least in my case. I will try them at pismo at the end of the month. If you like the STU style and get 28's you could tune them to your preference, you can comp cut and do a 70/30 stagger. It all depends on how you like it . And yea It was Dave. lol.
    Thanks!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Tim Kelly at Xtreme tire has the best Skat-Traks made since he is the guy who has the tires made for Skat Trak.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    The Yamaha likes a light weight tire and wheel combo. So a lot of yamaha guys have learned that the hard way. Skats are the best sand tire.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links