Rode with a Polaris Turbo Razor at Hidden falls. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Rode with a Polaris Turbo Razor at Hidden falls.

This is a discussion on Rode with a Polaris Turbo Razor at Hidden falls. within the YXZ General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Forums category; At least you know you made the right purchase!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Rode with a Polaris Turbo Razor at Hidden falls.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    At least you know you made the right purchase!
    Last edited by getsendy; 03-21-2019 at 09:53 PM.
    2019 YXZ SS SE, 2007 Redline Revolt with Yamaha Nitro Motor, KTM300XC, Specialized Kenevo, those are my toys.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pp13bnos View Post
    I ride nothing but sand, as do all my friends. I have to say the X3 and the turbo S my friends own, hands down have much better suspension across the whoops than my SS SE. My wife was extremely impressed with the X3. Anyone who rides the whoop roads around Riley Ranch Oregon knows what I'm talking about lol. Soon as my car gets back from the shop, I'm going to install the fireball long travel setup. It'll be interesting to see the difference long travel will make across them.
    I agree with you, all I ride is Oregon dunes from Boxcar to Spinreel. I just changed from a Wildcat X that used to kill it on the whoop road to the beach to my '19 SS SE. I gave up a lot of ride but still would never go back, the Yamaha is a blast to drive and I know way better quality. I too am interested in the Fireball Racing LT kit. Hoping with the extra 3" of wheelbase I get back some of what I lost in the Cat. The wife would drive the whoop road to the beach in the cat full throttle the whole way. Hit 40mph once on the whoops. Can't do that in the YXZ, it gets outta control and just beats the heck out of ya. If you beat me to that LT kit I would love to hear your feedback. We will be back at boxcar April 13th. Take care.
    2019 YXZ SS SE, 2007 Redline Revolt with Yamaha Nitro Motor, KTM300XC, Specialized Kenevo, those are my toys.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade the YXZ for any other sxs.

Getsendy, I don't know when my car will be back from Redline, and even then I have no idea when I'll make it down to Riley again. I hoping to get away at least to Florence before I get to busy with work. But I'll let you know how it compares.

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by getsendy View Post
    I agree with you, all I ride is Oregon dunes from Boxcar to Spinreel. I just changed from a Wildcat X that used to kill it on the whoop road to the beach to my '19 SS SE. I gave up a lot of ride but still would never go back, the Yamaha is a blast to drive and I know way better quality. I too am interested in the Fireball Racing LT kit. Hoping with the extra 3" of wheelbase I get back some of what I lost in the Cat. The wife would drive the whoop road to the beach in the cat full throttle the whole way. Hit 40mph once on the whoops. Can't do that in the YXZ, it gets outta control and just beats the heck out of ya. If you beat me to that LT kit I would love to hear your feedback. We will be back at boxcar April 13th. Take care.
    Have you tried dialing in the stock suspension to make it work better for you. There are published settings for any sxs out there. How is your ride height? Probably sagging too much since broke in. Owners manuals give info on spring preload minimums and maximums. Worth messing with before spending 4-7k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    swyzr191 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I have both a ‘16 YXZ with gears and a 19 XP4 K Turbo. I bought them both new and do not abuse either one. The YXZ is exhilarating, simply put. It shines in open territory.

That being said, our PoPo Turbo rides like a Cadillac and $hits & gets. I cannot get my YXZ to come remotely close to the PoPo’s stock ride...I get it...the Polaris is a 4 seater...yes...and the YXZ has twice as good of shocks. I simply refuse to believe that any quality sxs needs a shock rebuild/replacement right off the show room floor unless you are racing it or driving it really really hard. I know that’s a Heretic statement in many forums, but it’s my view.

The fit and finish of the XP4K are as good as our YXZ was when new. We have had zero problems with it. Frankly, I feel abandoned by Yamaha by not making a 4 seaterYXZ. Maybe I’m not a typical consumer, but I believe a manufacturer should conform to the consumer, not the other way around. Yamaha is painting themselves into a corner by being a one trick pony in the sport sxs market.

I’m actually considering selling my YXZ for another ‘19 or ‘20 Polaris 4 seater..and I never thought I’d hear myself saying that.

Just my .02$ worth

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    574 times
    When Yamaha developed the YXZ it was labeled "pure sport" and is, it's for racing or as close to it as you can get without flagmen. I really don't think they painted their self in a corner with it, it's for racing or running hard, and then they have the other models for family outings. Honda never made a CR 500 with a sidecar, because it just wasn't meant to be, they had a Goldwing for that. I really can't see the need for a 170 HP machine for totting along the kids.
    Now if your just talking about the need for a bit longer wheelbase to handle high speed desert racing to stabilize things a bit, I can agree, another 6 to 12 inches could do wonders, but I sure don't need two more seats to haul ass across the desert with kids involved.
    iShift and dudewasted like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    When Yamaha developed the YXZ it was labeled "pure sport" and is, it's for racing or as close to it as you can get without flagmen. I really don't think they painted their self in a corner with it, it's for racing or running hard, and then they have the other models for family outings. Honda never made a CR 500 with a sidecar, because it just wasn't meant to be, they had a Goldwing for that. I really can't see the need for a 170 HP machine for totting along the kids.
    Now if your just talking about the need for a bit longer wheelbase to handle high speed desert racing to stabilize things a bit, I can agree, another 6 to 12 inches could do wonders, but I sure don't need two more seats to haul ass across the desert with kids involved.
    plus the wheel base is so long on a 4 seater. My friend in the polaris had a hard time doing the tight stuff with me while crawling and tight trail riding.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Agree. It was built to be fun. I think Yamaha succeeded. Love my YXZ.

Have no idea why the Wildcat or PoPo would take whoops better than YXZ. I get the extra wheel base but still. Makes you want to believe the YXZ suspension wasn't setup properly first. You can get the suspension working a lot better if adjusted for your driving style and terrain.

Off topic but looks like fun,

Side car on a CR500. Perfect match. LOL.

Last edited by 2019YXZSSSE; 03-27-2019 at 09:36 AM.
    Zilla likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 2019YXZSSSE View Post
    Agree. It was built to be fun. I think Yamaha succeeded. Love my YXZ.

Have no idea why the Wildcat or PoPo would take whoops better than YXZ. I get the extra wheel base but still. Makes you want to believe the YXZ suspension wasn't setup properly first. You can get the suspension working a lot better if adjusted for your driving style and terrain.

Off topic but looks like fun,

Side car on a CR500. Perfect match. LOL.

that was crazy. I have never seen that before. What's that call motoside or what?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    574 times
    ^^^ Now that's some funny shit ! The old inter-webs will prove you wrong every time, better learn to keep my mouth shut. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links