How many rolls are the stock roll cages good for?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on How many rolls are the stock roll cages good for? within the YXZ General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Forums category; I have heard they are not that strong. But it should still take a few rolls without crushing the passenger correct? I guess i ask ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: How many rolls are the stock roll cages good for?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

I have heard they are not that strong. But it should still take a few rolls without crushing the passenger correct? I guess i ask because I have never rolled anything. I have crashed really fast on a sportbike at the track and body rolled but never in a vehicle. Also will the stock shoulder belt keep you safe in a 2 to 3 roll crash? If ya'll say no the stock cage ain't safe what is the cheapest good cage and double belt system?

One more question anybody rolled yet? How was it? Was it a rush or did it suck bad?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

They’re good for a tip over, not a roll... stock cages are junk. They’re not even called a cage, they’re called a roof support! Buy a good cage, safety first my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YXZ_KEV View Post
    They’re good for a tip over, not a roll... stock cages are junk. They’re not even called a cage, they’re called a roof support! Buy a good cage, safety first my friend

suggestions?

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    [QUOTE=YXZ_KEV;663008]They’re good for a tip over, not a roll... stock cages are junk. They’re not even called a cage, they’re called a roof support! Buy a good cage, safety first my friend

I think the 19 has a better stock cage then previous years.
    Not a true cage, but it has improvements.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Moses at BCF (Brick City Fab) in AZ will take awesome care of you. Builds a bitchin lookin cage too. There’s also Krash, RSK, and many others. I personally have a BCF hybrid cage with dune windows. Hybrid is referring to the height, between a mid and tall boy cage, basically for 6’ up to 6’3”..

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    0.25 - 0.5 haha. There are a lot of variables but I've saw stock cages on other machines almost completely crush a side tube with a simple side flop and land on a rock and some pushed over several inches from a side flop. Once a tube is dented there is no strength in the tube and will pretty much fold on the next hit. I've saw people cutting up the stock cage and throwing it away because they are not really worth anything. IMO if you are riding any terrain that might be a multiple roll situation or any high speed driving, get a good cage. Your doors will open easier in a bind and if you do roll, your less likely to mess up the stock frame cage mounting points. Harnesses are a pain in the ass but are really needed if your doing any jumping to keep you planted in the seat. I'm using the canam X3 retractable 4 points and are a lot more comfortable than the standard 4/5 point belts but not as secure but better than stock. I find myself just using the lap part of a standard 4 point a lot so I can reach switches, cup holders etc.. Polaris has a 6 point retractable that looks really nice also.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Wow I can't believe they are that week. I don't know about high speed crashed I am more worried about rolling climbing a rock hill or going down and rolling. would like something that I coudl just bolt on with no welding hopefully under a grand.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerbill View Post
    Wow I can't believe they are that week. I don't know about high speed crashed I am more worried about rolling climbing a rock hill or going down and rolling. would like something that I coudl just bolt on with no welding hopefully under a grand.
    Not sure you’re gonna find something like that for under a grand.... there are kits out there you can buy that need to be welded together and powdercoated that are more affordable. BCF makes some and CageWorks too.. check into those maybe? For a good cage you’re looking at closer to $1600-$2000

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    948 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerbill View Post
    I have heard they are not that strong. But it should still take a few rolls without crushing the passenger correct? I guess i ask because I have never rolled anything. I have crashed really fast on a sportbike at the track and body rolled but never in a vehicle. Also will the stock shoulder belt keep you safe in a 2 to 3 roll crash? If ya'll say no the stock cage ain't safe what is the cheapest good cage and double belt system?

One more question anybody rolled yet? How was it? Was it a rush or did it suck bad?
    The question needs to be:

How much do you value your life and safety?

The stock shit cage is not a gamble I would want to take, under ANY circumstances.
    2016 YXZ1000R SE 60th Anniversary Edition. RPM/Weller Turbo, Rekluse Clutch w/ TW Oil Mod and Stacked Springs, Weller/TW 45/15/11 Gear Reduction, Weller KOH Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars w/ Weller Links, Brick City Fab Sport Cage, Axia Mirrors, Sun Visors, & all Accessories, Rugged Radio 660 Intercom, DragonFire Harnesses, Beard Seats, Yamaha Cargo Box. Alternator Kit, 50" Light Bar, FUTV Skids, 28-10x14 DOT Legal Fuel Gripper Tires, 30" Skat Extremes on DWT Stealth Wheels for the sand.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    I agree, every stock cage no matter what brand is absolutely garbage and should be thrown away if you value your life. I couldn't believe how light the factory cage was on the YXZ. I could easily lift it with one arm. The X3 maverick cage is even lighter than the YXZ - scary because they have like almost double the HP. Every SXS I buy, the first mod is a cage & harnesses.
    Jodawapolo13 likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links