CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit anyone running one - Page 8
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit anyone running one

This is a discussion on CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit anyone running one within the YXZ Roll cages, Seats and Belts forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; They make 20 to 1 parts for rzr as compared to yxz .But in time i think a change is coming...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit anyone running one

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    207 times
    They make 20 to 1 parts for rzr as compared to yxz .But in time i think a change is coming

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocken Robin View Post
    They make 20 to 1 parts for rzr as compared to yxz .But in time i think a change is coming
    The rzr has also been out nearly 10 times longer. The amount of aftermarket support for the yxz in the first 12 months is astounding.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    207 times
    Aftermarket knows its here to stay. The yxz that is .

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit  anyone running one-img_20161210_165743159.jpgCageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit  anyone running one-img_20161210_155934149.jpgCageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit  anyone running one-img_20161210_164931655.jpgGot a cage wrx cage from sxs performance . I have built many cages my self for class 8s truck and class 3 truck rock crawlers ect. Wow what a time saver . This thing was like a snap together model . and fit was so good i dont think it took a half hour to strap together . Very happy so far .

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    172 times
    Yes this is a very nice cage, goes together very easy ,one word of advice is be careful on the b-post,I tacked the whole cage together,then welded the spots easy to get too,the b-post mounts are thin and the welds deform the inside of the mount and makes it very hard to remove the cage to finish welding it up at least for me,just a heads up .
    WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    The first thing that anyone should do to any side by side is install a quality cage. The Cagewrx cage is awesome! I need to figure out how to start a new thread. Getting a cage shipped to Colorado will cost you a pretty penny and I have yet to find a local shop doing Utv cages. Tig welded and my local powdercoat guy does a great job. I predrilled above the B pillars and ran all my wiring inside the tubes. 40" Rigid. Rear brake/ running lights in orange. Multicolored whip. Dome light. Rugged antenna. I think we can get the 50" Rigid onto this cage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit  anyone running one-img_0194_1488254240080.jpg   CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit  anyone running one-fullsizerender_1488254258758.jpg   CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit  anyone running one-img_4023_1488254294008.jpg   CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit  anyone running one-fullsizerender-4_1488254328822.jpg   CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit  anyone running one-fullsizerender_1488254352108.jpg  

CORR2, transam, scottdmax and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit  anyone running one-wert0817.jpgcheck out toys for big boys he makes a very nice cage. his shop is in riverside ca

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    948 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DowntownCaptain View Post
    The first thing that anyone should do to any side by side is install a quality cage. The Cagewrx cage is awesome! I need to figure out how to start a new thread. Getting a cage shipped to Colorado will cost you a pretty penny and I have yet to find a local shop doing Utv cages. Tig welded and my local powdercoat guy does a great job. I predrilled above the B pillars and ran all my wiring inside the tubes. 40" Rigid. Rear brake/ running lights in orange. Multicolored whip. Dome light. Rugged antenna. I think we can get the 50" Rigid onto this cage.
    What tires are those on the bottom 2 pics? DOT legal? I like em.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdmax View Post
    What tires are those on the bottom 2 pics? DOT legal? I like em.
    30" FUEL Grippers on 14" Hurricane wheels. Their website says that they are DOT. I got a killer deal on them from the shop that I order my Cagewrx thru. I'm really happy so far. I have the Tubeworks reduction so I wanted the 30" so that I could get a little bit of top end back.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Thread resurrection....

Doing my second cageWRX install.

First one, was for my buddies. He chose the Baja Spec (doesn't mean it's "legal" necessarily).
    CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit  anyone running one-2019-03-20-21.49.05.jpg

Second one, was for my wife's car. She chose the Super Shorty (in progress).
    CageWRX "Super Shorty" Cage Kit  anyone running one-2019-03-24-18.33.46.jpg

I've been a hobbyist fabricator for 30yrs. Have all the tooling to get'er done (bender, radius bender, plasma, TIG, MIG, etc). Have built anything from roll cages to complete suspension packages to 40' cantilever gates (for homes), etc, etc. And... I have to say, this was the easiest job ever!! Simply... a HUGE time saver!!! Fit and finish are top notch.

Of course, I'm adding a few touches of my own to the cage(s)... but, no reason other than I like to overbuild.

Can't go wrong with a CageWRX!!!
    WIFE'S YXZ
    - CageWRX Super Shorty +
    - 32" Maxxis Liberty Tires
    - Modquad Tie-rod kit
    - GYTR/Tubeworks Gear reduction (70/30-30/15)
    - Tubeworks Wet Clutch mod
    - Alba rear driveline cyro driveshaft coupler
    - Full Alba exhaust
    - Alba ECU reflash
    - Billet airbox spacer
    - Rugged Ridge Intercom
    - Vertex 50W two-way radio
    - Custom spare tire mount and Fuelpax
    - Cooler mount, tool box mount
    - xPrite RX series G1 chase light bar
    - 50" LED Lightbar
    - Dual lighted whips