Well I finally got to see the new rzr rs1 in person today...
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Well I finally got to see the new rzr rs1 in person today...

This is a discussion on Well I finally got to see the new rzr rs1 in person today... within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Forums category; I never thought that I would ever say this but if Yamaha doesn't come out with a single seater when they release the new sxs's ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Well I finally got to see the new rzr rs1 in person today...

  1. #1
    Senior Member stevozzz's Avatar
    Member #
    5522
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    866
    Member #
    5522
    Liked
    274 times

    Well I finally got to see the new rzr rs1 in person today...

    I never thought that I would ever say this but if Yamaha doesn't come out with a single seater when they release the new sxs's soon,,, I will get the rs1... Saw the rs1 for the 1st time in person and must say its a nice and going to be a fun machine to have... The fit and finish was nice,,, The suspension looked pretty beefy and the front diff looks big and tough... The suspension and drive line part numbers are the same as the 1000 xp turbo... So to me if its built to handle a turbo it should last a lot longer without a turbo... I am 6'' 1' 217 pounds and when I sat in the cock pit I had all sorts of room and real comfy too... The seat seemed to hug you pretty good but the only thing I did not like about the seat was it seemed to move around a lot even though it was locked in... I also liked how the harnesses bolted to the roll bar harness mounts instead of wrapping around the bar... The steering seem to be really light not heavy when sitting there at idle,,, I didn't get to drive it that will come later... The lights really seemed to be real bright even though it was during the day... The doors are nice and sturdy built well... Seems to be a nice machine... I just checked in with my insurance if I get it and add it to my YXZ policy and my YXZ is fully covered even has towing lol well I may need it now if I get the Rs1 lol but with both on the same policy it comes to $355.00 a year that sounds great to me...Not ready to buy it right now still want to wait a couple of months to see how they hold up in the real world with customers driving them...

  2. #2
    Senior Member Moses439's Avatar
    Member #
    1562
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Elkhart ln
    Posts
    869
    Member #
    1562
    Liked
    343 times
    From all of your posts Steve unless someone else builds a 2 seater soon, you will get the RS1 and those little things here and there about it you will fix to your liking and you will go out and and have some of the best times of your life. I think it’s bad ass but l will probably wait till next Summer to get a single seater. That gives Manufacturers two more model years to release one. Still holding out for a 3 pedal single seat and still enjoying and perfecting my YXZ. He didn’t wreck it but a guy l rode w/bought a 18 XP Turbo and folded lower a arm and tie rod 1st weekend out and the Dealer that fixed it warrantied them out along w/the ball joints and took them 3 weeks to do it. Needless to say they fired the lady that told him that the extended warranty covered abuse and crash damage and squared him away. I have no doubt the RS1 will be super fun.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Member #
    23
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    749
    Member #
    23
    Liked
    258 times
    Yea... I like the RS1 too ... I've seen them go for as low as $12,600 new out the door. If they run some rebates this summer... should be even lower. OR if they drop a turbo edition ... should see some used ones for sale and maybe dropped price of NA as well. Seems to be solid machine.
    stevozzz likes this.
    16 yxz, mpi turbo, 45/15 reduction, Krash cage & bumper, eibach stage 2 springs/sway bar, pumper, rugged radio, and more.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member stevozzz's Avatar
    Member #
    5522
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    866
    Member #
    5522
    Liked
    274 times
    $12,600 is a good price... I think they will have a turbo rs1 when they come out with the new models in a couple of months... I can just imagine an rs1 with a turbo in it,,, The only thing is I do not need a turbo which will save me even more money lol... Time will tell

    Did you get to drive one???

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Member #
    23
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    749
    Member #
    23
    Liked
    258 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stevozzz View Post
    $12,600 is a good price... I think they will have a turbo rs1 when they come out with the new models in a couple of months... I can just imagine an rs1 with a turbo in it,,, The only thing is I do not need a turbo which will save me even more money lol... Time will tell

    Did you get to drive one???

    I haven't driven one yet ... the dealer barely let me sit in it ... lol ... said it was not available for any demo drives. I've only seen a couple at dunes in person, but no one I know has one to drive.
    16 yxz, mpi turbo, 45/15 reduction, Krash cage & bumper, eibach stage 2 springs/sway bar, pumper, rugged radio, and more.

  7. #6
    Senior Member stevozzz's Avatar
    Member #
    5522
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    866
    Member #
    5522
    Liked
    274 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses439 View Post
    From all of your posts Steve unless someone else builds a 2 seater soon, you will get the RS1 and those little things here and there about it you will fix to your liking and you will go out and and have some of the best times of your life. I think it’s bad ass but l will probably wait till next Summer to get a single seater. That gives Manufacturers two more model years to release one. Still holding out for a 3 pedal single seat and still enjoying and perfecting my YXZ. He didn’t wreck it but a guy l rode w/bought a 18 XP Turbo and folded lower a arm and tie rod 1st weekend out and the Dealer that fixed it warrantied them out along w/the ball joints and took them 3 weeks to do it. Needless to say they fired the lady that told him that the extended warranty covered abuse and crash damage and squared him away. I have no doubt the RS1 will be super fun.
    What did he hit to fold up lower a-arm??? That would even be better if one would come out with the 3rd pedal... I agree still enjoying my Yxz too... And the Yxz isnt going anywhere the Rs1 will be an add on... Yes a good service manager can do a lot for you if your liked lol...

  8. #7
    Senior Member stevozzz's Avatar
    Member #
    5522
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    866
    Member #
    5522
    Liked
    274 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalop View Post
    I haven't driven one yet ... the dealer barely let me sit in it ... lol ... said it was not available for any demo drives. I've only seen a couple at dunes in person, but no one I know has one to drive.
    Lol it took me months just to see and touch one,,, They are selling pretty fast and not enough coming in right now for the masses... As soon as they are put together they are gone... I got the call yesterday about them they got a black and a white one in the white one wasn't quite all put together yet and the black one was getting some accessories installed then they will be gone... So I was there at 9:00 today just to look at them... I like the black one the best cant wait to drive one...
    Kalop likes this.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Moses439's Avatar
    Member #
    1562
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Elkhart ln
    Posts
    869
    Member #
    1562
    Liked
    343 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stevozzz View Post
    What did he hit to fold up lower a-arm??? That would even be better if one would come out with the 3rd pedal... I agree still enjoying my Yxz too... And the Yxz isnt going anywhere the Rs1 will be an add on... Yes a good service manager can do a lot for you if your liked lol...
    Shale/Rock ledge up pipeline giving her hell. Granite "giving her hell" but never bent or see someone bend a Yamaha lol.
    stevozzz likes this.

  10. #9
    Senior Member AaronCMH's Avatar
    Member #
    640
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    675
    Member #
    640
    Liked
    207 times
    I don't think there is such a thing as a single seat SXS?
    Dirt2Dune likes this.

  11. #10
    Senior Member scottdmax's Avatar
    Member #
    54
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    2,797
    Member #
    54
    Liked
    948 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronCMH View Post
    I don't think there is such a thing as a single seat SXS?
    Yeah, this one would be a SX0. As in "zero".
    2016 YXZ1000R SE 60th Anniversary Edition. RPM/Weller Turbo, Rekluse Clutch w/ TW Oil Mod and Stacked Springs, Weller/TW 45/15/11 Gear Reduction, Weller KOH Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars w/ Weller Links, Brick City Fab Sport Cage, Axia Mirrors, Sun Visors, & all Accessories, Rugged Radio 660 Intercom, DragonFire Harnesses, Beard Seats, Yamaha Cargo Box. Alternator Kit, 50" Light Bar, FUTV Skids, 28-10x14 DOT Legal Fuel Gripper Tires, 30" Skat Extremes on DWT Stealth Wheels for the sand.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Finally......
    By Hughes115 in forum New Member Introduction & Site Assistance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-10-2017, 07:08 PM
  2. Anybody see a Silver and Red in person yet?
    By driveby in forum YXZ General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-16-2016, 07:51 PM
  3. Finally!!
    By Beavskis in forum YXZ General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2015, 12:43 PM
  4. It's finally here!
    By Beavskis in forum YXZ General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-23-2015, 10:44 PM
  5. Come see the YXZ 1000R SE in person!
    By Ridenow Goodyear in forum New Member Introduction & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 10:55 AM