TW IRP reviews & how it works - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

TW IRP reviews & how it works

This is a discussion on TW IRP reviews & how it works within the YXZ 1000R SS forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Forums category; Originally Posted by pp13bnos Does anyone know what type of RWHP a stock SS clutch/actuator will hold? You'll blow it loose with 200, if not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TW IRP reviews & how it works

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pp13bnos View Post
    Does anyone know what type of RWHP a stock SS clutch/actuator will hold?
    You'll blow it loose with 200, if not the first stomp, by the third.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz132 View Post
    I have one and love it for takeoff and slow moving. The only issue I have is downshifting and it not fully engaging right away. Have to blip the throttle to get it to fully engage. This is not 100% of the time but every now and then..
    Mine does the exact same things as Blitz132's does, sometimes the clutch is slipping when you gear down if you don't blip the throttle. I have been running semi synthetic oil 10w-40 but I am changing the oil this weekend to straight 50W regular oil (Lucus for wet clutches) and see if that helps, I am totally fine with changing oil more often not being synthetic if it helps the slipping issue? We'll see I guess

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    You'll blow it loose with 200, if not the first stomp, by the third.
    This heavy duty actuator deal is a real pain, but my ultimate goal is to have a 200rwhp setup...I'm starting to have doubts I made the right choice in doing the upgraded actuator. I guess worse case scenario is a road trip to Weller..

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I was reading about the yamaha shop having the tool to reset the clutch which might help the re-engagement when downshifting. I was looking at the FT flash software for the trans and theres a lot if stuff in there too. Torque managment on downshift maybe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TW IRP reviews & how it works-20190318_200653_1553310811581.jpg  

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dgarris View Post
    I was reading about the yamaha shop having the tool to reset the clutch which might help the re-engagement when downshifting. I was looking at the FT flash software for the trans and theres a lot if stuff in there too. Torque managment on downshift maybe.
    Someone on the YXZ Addicts page on FB has done some playing with that and said he has it shifting a lot better. I believe Alba actually is either working on a map for the transmission or already has it done as well that is supposed to mimic the 19 shifting.
    2017 Yamaha YXZ SS SE (red)
    70/30/15 Tubeworks gear reduction w/ IRP, Krash Offroad full cage w/ integrated rear bumper and spare tire carrier, 30x10x14 EFX Motoclaws, Factory UTV underbody skid, Trail Armor A-Arm guards, Yamaha Trail bumper w/ Viper Midnight 4500 winch, custom self-built glass windshield, custom self-built seat riser/angle

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Anyone know if the IRP works with the GYTR clutch? Got a DLP turbo coming and probably wouldn't hurt to add some plates. The TorqDrive looks awesome but might be quiet a bit of work to get those to work together if even possible. SS model, stock actuator.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Something with my IRP was off, and is being sent back to TW. From what my builder told me, it sounds like they won't be making them any time in the near future. So, guess I go back to stock.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pp13bnos View Post
    This heavy duty actuator deal is a real pain, but my ultimate goal is to have a 200rwhp setup...I'm starting to have doubts I made the right choice in doing the upgraded actuator. I guess worse case scenario is a road trip to Weller..
    What kind of issues are you having with the HD actuator?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Zilla my car would only occasionaly shift under full throttle. You would have to let off the throttle, shift, then reapply throttle. Other times, it wouldn't down shift. Then occasionally, it would and act like it was "dragging" when slowing down in 1st gear. To the point you would have to apply the brake with much more force than normal to stop the car, and then it would die. After countless hours spent at the shop, calls to tubeworks etc... it ended up that the IRP was the issue. Sucks because I really like the IRP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links