GYTR Cams
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

GYTR Cams

This is a discussion on GYTR Cams within the YXZ Engine forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; I am looking at getting the GYTR cams from my dealer and was wondering if anyone had them or could tell me at where do ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: GYTR Cams

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

GYTR Cams

I am looking at getting the GYTR cams from my dealer and was wondering if anyone had them or could tell me at where do they add the power? I would like something that at least doesn't loose a noticeable amount of low end power and provides a nice mid to top end gain. Seems like with some other cams I've seen reviewed there is a noticeable but not large power loss on the low end. I don't care if I don't gain quite as much HP up top as long as I'm not loosing it on the low end.

Current mods are Graves full exhaust, alba spacer, GYTR Filters w/outerwear, alba heavy fly wheel.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I called dasa today to ask them some info on the cams they run and they said GYTR. I asked them if you loose bottom end power and said nope. I asked him I thought you had to run 110 gas or whatever yamaha says to run, said nope u don't. He has a tune for these cams along with his full exhaust so that is my next step is ordering these cams and reflash my ecu with them. A forum member is running these cams also just can't remember the name. If you have any questions call dasa and ask for san or Brandon they know their stuff...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    I read somewhere that the Weller cams are made so you won't lose any low end. Darn if I can find it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Another reason I'm going with GYTR is I'm still under warranty for 3 more yrs. So gotta stick with GYTR parts. $379 for set from local yamaha dealer.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Just picked up some GYTR cams from local dealer yesterday. Didn't come with any cam card on lift, duration etc.... Just instruction on installation and recommendation to run stacks,exhaust,rods and pistons along with cams. That's y they recommend 112 fuel, they want you to run high comp pistons.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Any dyno info on this cam? I'm not ready for turbo quite yet, but wanting some more power.
    swyzr191 likes this.
    Graves Full Exhaust, FlashTune ECU, GYTR Filters, CR10EK
    Rekluse, TubeWorks Clutch Oiling Mod & Double Spring, GYTR 70/30, Alba HD Coupler
    Method 401's, STI Chicane 31", Eibach Pro UTV Stage 2
    Assault Industries Warthog Rear Bumper, Pro Armor 4 Point, PRP Harness Bar, Axia Alloys Rearview & Seizmik Side Mirrors
    Baja Designs RTL Bar, Squadrons Pros(pillar), S8 20"(roof), Onx6 10" (shock tower), S2 Pros(rear)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    Any dyno info on this cam? I'm not ready for turbo quite yet, but wanting some more power.
    Same here.
    But like other posts, I'm interested in low rpm, usable power.
    I think the 2019 with stronger rods and main bearnings would like the cam.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    The cams have no loss of lower end even with my light weight flywheel. The z is a beast now. My next mod is either ported or long travel along with revalve and springs. The z is just bucking everywhere and not even fun to ride. No point in having all the power if u can't put it to the ground. Love the power of cams though. Dasa has a flash for these cams too.
    Doomsday and trayday like this.
    2016 white and blue z
    GYTR by dasa full exhaust, GYTR cams, GYTR velocity stacks, GYTR primary and secondary filters, dasa ecu tune, alba manual chain tensioner, satv lightweight flywheel, fmf smog block off plates, weller rear cv boot protectors, prp shock covers, crc gas pedal, beard 4 point harness, kc pods, razor back water temp gauge.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Ordered my GYTR cams yesterday. Looking at tuning options, thanks for the heads up on Dasa tuning. I need to also reach out to to Alba, perhaps they might have a tune as well for this GYTR cam with their airbox spacer. I got FTecu bikeside, but would have to purchase a Bazzaz setup(Z-Ti & Z-AFM) to import fuel map. I did contact Graves if they offered a tune with their full exhaust & GYTR cam, but they don't tune for GYTR products was the response I got back.
    Graves Full Exhaust, FlashTune ECU, GYTR Filters, CR10EK
    Rekluse, TubeWorks Clutch Oiling Mod & Double Spring, GYTR 70/30, Alba HD Coupler
    Method 401's, STI Chicane 31", Eibach Pro UTV Stage 2
    Assault Industries Warthog Rear Bumper, Pro Armor 4 Point, PRP Harness Bar, Axia Alloys Rearview & Seizmik Side Mirrors
    Baja Designs RTL Bar, Squadrons Pros(pillar), S8 20"(roof), Onx6 10" (shock tower), S2 Pros(rear)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Just get the 2016 Snowmobile Viper cams. Way cheaper!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links