Head work??? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Head work???

This is a discussion on Head work??? within the YXZ Engine forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; Originally Posted by jimeneztrans84 Are you getting bigger valves and hd valve springs? I wonder if dasa is porting the heads for yamaha and they ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Head work???

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeneztrans84 View Post
    Are you getting bigger valves and hd valve springs? I wonder if dasa is porting the heads for yamaha and they are just stamping the gytr logo on them.
    I'm keeping the same valves & springs. I don't know for certain if Dasa is behind the GYTR head.
    Graves Full Exhaust, FlashTune ECU, GYTR Filters, CR10EK
    Rekluse, TubeWorks Clutch Oiling Mod & Double Spring, GYTR 70/30, Alba HD Coupler
    Method 401's, STI Chicane 31", Eibach Pro UTV Stage 2
    Assault Industries Warthog Rear Bumper, Pro Armor 4 Point, PRP Harness Bar, Axia Alloys Rearview & Seizmik Side Mirrors
    Baja Designs RTL Bar, Squadrons Pros(pillar), S8 20"(roof), Onx6 10" (shock tower), S2 Pros(rear)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    584 times
    I snagged a NIB head off ebay back in the winter for 80 bucks, the head was still in the sealed box. I figured it was just the bare head, but it came with seats, guides and studs, I was pretty happy with that find. Got a set of Kibblewhite double springs, valves, seals and Yamaha buckets and keepers for it. Charlie @ Pro-1 in AZ has it now, should be back this week. He's doing a CNC five angle valve job and porting it, not sure if he cuts the guides or not, I just assumed he would. I guess I'll see next week, I'll post some pics of the work when I get it. If they cut the guides, you would just need to replace them sooner than if left at length.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    I actually didn’t know of any other shops offering YXZ head porting, other than CT Racing. While I’m sure there was more than these two shops, I didn’t bother to call up other shops to inquire.
    Rekluse, TubeWorks Clutch Oiling Mod & Double Spring, GYTR 70/30, Alba HD Coupler
    Assault Industries Warthog Rear Bumper, Pro Armor 4 Point, PRP Harness Bar, Axia Alloys Rearview & Seizmik Side Mirrors
    Baja Designs RTL Bar, Squadrons Pros(pillar), S8 20"(roof), Onx6 10" (shock tower), S2 Pros(rear)

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Does dasa do 3 or 5 angle valve job?
    2016 white and blue z
    GYTR by dasa full exhaust, GYTR cams, GYTR velocity stacks, GYTR primary and secondary filters, dasa ecu tune, alba manual chain tensioner, satv lightweight flywheel, fmf smog block off plates, weller rear cv boot protectors, prp shock covers, crc gas pedal, beard 4 point harness, kc pods, razor back water temp gauge.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Didn’t ask and no mention of 3 or 5 angle.

Boe
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Mind if I ask what type of cost occurred in getting head ported and valve job springs ?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boe View Post
    Mind if I ask what type of cost occurred in getting head ported and valve job springs ?
    Boe if your asking me I got $1060 in springs, seals, valves, keepers and lifters. The labor is $800 on the work. Now you may not need to purchase the lifters if you use your current ones, I just wanted to have a spare complete head on hand, so the lifters would save you $325 and your old keepers another 35 bucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links