Head work???
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Head work???

This is a discussion on Head work??? within the YXZ Engine forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; I have s 17ss with a Dirtlaunch intake and tuning....graves exhaust and gytr cams....as much as I want I cant swing a turbo kit and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Head work???

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Head work???

I have s 17ss with a Dirtlaunch intake and tuning....graves exhaust and gytr cams....as much as I want I cant swing a turbo kit and not interested in a supercharger.....anyone done any head work with similar set up as mine??...port and polish and still run 91 oct?....was it worth it and noticeable?.....I could tell the huge diff with the cams as they were my last upgrade and my buddy has my same set up in a 18 minus cams and I walk away from him in every gear like he has an anchor....lol......thanks in advance

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Can stroke and bore it. From the research I have done with that setup you are running ~150 RWHP. Although it costs as much as a turbo kit and not as much headroom for future boost, but you will have oodles more low and mid range.
    2017 Yamaha YXZ SS SE (red)
    70/30/15 Tubeworks gear reduction w/ IRP, Krash Offroad full cage w/ integrated rear bumper and spare tire carrier, 30x10x14 EFX Motoclaws, Factory UTV underbody skid, Trail Armor A-Arm guards, Yamaha Trail bumper w/ Viper Midnight 4500 winch, custom self-built glass windshield, custom self-built seat riser/angle

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    343 times
    Have a some good porting done to your head. Excellent choice with what you have done, you will notice a huge difference in how the engine responds to your present modifications HUGE. Leave the polish alone. FYI l am still capable of installing a hairdryer or Supercharger on my engine as l didn't go high compression pistons. If l changed to 9.5:1 Pistons I"m sure it would be capabe of 300+- hp. Love it the way it is, so will he.

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I'm going to do this mod as well. I've been waiting for racers edge in az to start porting yxz heads. John is a good guy and his porting is top notch. I think his customer service is right there with weller. He always answer the phone and willing to answer any q. I can't afford a turbo or supercharger so I'm going this route with racers edge porting and ferrea valves with valve springs for that extra quick rev. Hopefully I will be in the 120+ hp with full dasa exhaust, cams and head ported. Maybe later do rods and pistons.
    2016 white and blue z
    GYTR by dasa full exhaust, GYTR cams, GYTR velocity stacks, GYTR primary and secondary filters, dasa ecu tune, alba manual chain tensioner, satv lightweight flywheel, fmf smog block off plates, weller rear cv boot protectors, prp shock covers, crc gas pedal, beard 4 point harness, kc pods, razor back water temp gauge.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Is the dirtlaunch intake good for sand? That's the only place I run my z is glamis.
    2016 white and blue z
    GYTR by dasa full exhaust, GYTR cams, GYTR velocity stacks, GYTR primary and secondary filters, dasa ecu tune, alba manual chain tensioner, satv lightweight flywheel, fmf smog block off plates, weller rear cv boot protectors, prp shock covers, crc gas pedal, beard 4 point harness, kc pods, razor back water temp gauge.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeneztrans84 View Post
    I'm going to do this mod as well. I've been waiting for racers edge in az to start porting yxz heads. John is a good guy and his porting is top notch. I think his customer service is right there with weller. He always answer the phone and willing to answer any q. I can't afford a turbo or supercharger so I'm going this route with racers edge porting and ferrea valves with valve springs for that extra quick rev. Hopefully I will be in the 120+ hp with full dasa exhaust, cams and head ported. Maybe later do rods and pistons.
    Dasa is showing porting on their website for a great price. Might want to check them out.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    I sent my head off to Dasa two weeks ago. I'll post pics once I get it in, before & after.

Dasa response on my inquiry.

"The cylinder head comes with a valve seat cutting included. We cut a multi angle
    valve job included in the pricing. We see a great power increase with it.We were
    getting about 125 on the engine dyno with your mods and the ported head.

Most shops charge double for what we charge. We do CNC porting and valve seat cutting
    on a Newen single point machine. The guides on the YXZ are not cut off. Some ports cut off the
    valve guides decreasing reliability drastically. The valve stems are very small and should not be cut off in this machine.
    "
    WAYXZ likes this.
    Graves Full Exhaust, FlashTune ECU, GYTR Filters, CR10EK
    Rekluse, TubeWorks Clutch Oiling Mod & Double Spring, GYTR 70/30, Alba HD Coupler
    Method 401's, STI Chicane 31", Eibach Pro UTV Stage 2
    Assault Industries Warthog Rear Bumper, Pro Armor 4 Point, PRP Harness Bar, Axia Alloys Rearview & Seizmik Side Mirrors
    Baja Designs RTL Bar, Squadrons Pros(pillar), S8 20"(roof), Onx6 10" (shock tower), S2 Pros(rear)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Are you getting bigger valves and hd valve springs? I wonder if dasa is porting the heads for yamaha and they are just stamping the gytr logo on them.
    2016 white and blue z

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Here's dasa porting from a past thread. You can see they don't cut the valve guides. I didn't know that about other shops cutting the guides reducing reliability. I might just go with dasa because they are local and I can just reflash with adding ported head for free.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Head work???-img_2043.jpg   Head work???-26230769_1085492551592674_3694001187768835100_n.jpg   Head work???-img_2046.jpg  
    Last edited by jimeneztrans84; 05-12-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    2016 white and blue z

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Here's racers edge porting. Looks nice but he cuts the valve guides and from previous reply from dasa it reduces reliability.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Head work???-20190512_145949.jpg   Head work???-15135788_823315861143679_8718285583674237824_n.jpg   Head work???-15094304_823315897810342_1479524003756045213_n.jpg  
    Last edited by jimeneztrans84; 05-12-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    2016 white and blue z

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links