2019 gearing in a 2016 3 pedal???
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 2019 gearing in a 2016 3 pedal??? within the YXZ Drivetrain forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; I was trying to find information on if you can install the gearing from the 2019 yxz in the 2016 yxz 1000R with 3 pedals? ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 2019 gearing in a 2016 3 pedal???

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

I was trying to find information on if you can install the gearing from the 2019 yxz in the 2016 yxz 1000R with 3 pedals? Has anyone done this and if yes does it work well? I would love to gear mine down.
    Thanks for any info.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I have not actually done this install, but I intended to a little while back. I did not do it because the '19 parts had poor availability and I wanted the bare minimum downtime as I rebuilt my transmission. I did research the difference between the two on the parts listings and it looks like it should be very doable and for reasonable cost. Part numbers that would need to be ordered:
    Gear, Middle Driven B5H-17583-00-00
    Gear, Middle Drive (23T) B5H-17582-00-00
    Gear, First Pinion (15T) 2HC-17111-10-00
    Gear, First Wheel (36T) 2HC-17211-10-00
    Transfer Case B5H-17541-00-00

There is a thread on here that discusses this too, with one member saying he had accomplished it with just the gear changes and without changing the case. If the original case half can be used, then you avoid new bearings and associated seals or maybe you could just transfer those components to the new case as they are all the same part numbers. Maybe that member will respond to this thread. Total parts cost is around $220 for just the gears. Plus you'll likely want to move to bigger tires. Next time I split a case on either machine, I will make this mod. Hope this helps.
    '16 Yellow SE, Graves TI exhaust, FT ECU, block off plates, alternator, lights, full SSV stereo, cargo box, spare tire rack, winch, front and rear grab bars, anti-intrusion bar, Razorback temp gauge, Weller frame brace, Alba rear diff support and coupler, Seizmik mirrors and.....
    '16 Blue FT ECU, Alba spark arrestor, block off plates, winch, light, spare tire rack, rear grab bar, anti-intrusion bar, Alba temp gauge, Weller frame brace, Seizmik mirrors and ......

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Didn't realize someone confirmed swap was compatible. Also, you will need two gaskets(clutch cover & transmission) and SpeedoDRD (H3). The bigger case halves just use sealant.
    Last edited by Doomsday; 04-21-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: ...my poor grammar....
    Graves Full Exhaust, FlashTune ECU, GYTR Filters, CR10EK
    Rekluse, TubeWorks Clutch Oiling Mod & Double Spring, GYTR 70/30, Alba HD Coupler
    Method 401's, STI Chicane 31", Eibach Pro UTV Stage 2
    Assault Industries Warthog Rear Bumper, Pro Armor 4 Point, PRP Harness Bar, Axia Alloys Rearview & Seizmik Side Mirrors
    Baja Designs RTL Bar, Squadrons Pros(pillar), S8 20"(roof), Onx6 10" (shock tower), S2 Pros(rear)

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Correct me if I'm wrong please, but didn't you need the case half for the SS only? I seem remember reading that their was something different externally on the shift solenoid mounting. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the information so far guys. does anyone remember the name of the post which discusses the gear swap?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    https://www.yxztalk.com/forum/26-yxz...15-11-a-4.html

Found it. Page 4 is where it starts to get relevant to this thread. The above info should be a repeat of what I have above, but I didn't confirm. Above is what I would have ordered and I was comparing 3 pedal versions so the case part number difference was real - at least at that time. I will definitely double check before I order anything just as anyone else out there should.
    '16 Yellow SE, Graves TI exhaust, FT ECU, block off plates, alternator, lights, full SSV stereo, cargo box, spare tire rack, winch, front and rear grab bars, anti-intrusion bar, Razorback temp gauge, Weller frame brace, Alba rear diff support and coupler, Seizmik mirrors and.....
    '16 Blue FT ECU, Alba spark arrestor, block off plates, winch, light, spare tire rack, rear grab bar, anti-intrusion bar, Alba temp gauge, Weller frame brace, Seizmik mirrors and ......

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fortrdb View Post
    https://www.yxztalk.com/forum/26-yxz...15-11-a-4.html

Found it. Page 4 is where it starts to get relevant to this thread. The above info should be a repeat of what I have above, but I didn't confirm. Above is what I would have ordered and I was comparing 3 pedal versions so the case part number difference was real - at least at that time. I will definitely double check before I order anything just as anyone else out there should.
    I'm not sure I'm understanding you, are you saying you need a case with a three peddle? I read the link you posted and did not see where you need a case.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok thats perfect thanks. i will read this thread. for some reason I couldn't find it.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leadmic View Post
    I'm not sure I'm understanding you, are you saying you need a case with a three peddle? I read the link you posted and did not see where you need a case.
    Yes, the member in the link did not identify the case as a difference. I found that difference in part numbers myself as I did my own comparison.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok so I read all the posts on the other thread. The only thing nobody has really confirmed that they have been ridding with the 2019 gears in a 2016 and if its worth it. Is the 4 gears the only thing which is needed to be ordered?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links