Alba Racing Suspension Review
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Alba Racing Suspension Review

This is a discussion on Alba Racing Suspension Review within the YXZ Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; Just wanted to post a few observations of my experience with Alba's spring and re-valve package. My YXZ is dual purpose in that my wife ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Keith Drake
  • 1 Post By Enev
  • 2 Post By Keith Drake

Thread: Alba Racing Suspension Review

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Cool Alba Racing Suspension Review

Just wanted to post a few observations of my experience with Alba's spring and re-valve package. My YXZ is dual purpose in that my wife likes to go on challenging but not "fast' rides. Plunking along and climbing difficult hills is what she enjoys Having her smile just adds more accessories... She had not been happy with the roughness of the ride, complained of her neck and back being sore after 10 miles. I like fast trail riding, skimming whoops and short course jumps. Difficult at best to find a setup that does both.

To start, Nate did a great job of turning it around and getting it back on short notice, thanks!

I actually didn't let the wife know that I was upgrading the suspension just to see if she would notice. After five minutes of riding she said how much better the Yamaha rode in comparison to the Polaris I had sold. After finishing about a 11 mile trail ride she said she must be getting used to it because she felt great Of course I told her I invested in the suspension to make her more comfortable and scored bonus points! I had adjusted the compression three clicks softer and added a couple of clicks of rebound and the suspension was very supple and the jarring feeling at low speed was gone.

After dropping her off I adjusted the suspension back to where Alba had set it up and went for a fast ride and loved it mostly! I live near Muenster Texas. For those not familiar, there is trail called Rocky Road that is very rough with uneven spacing of whoops, some ruts, and different depths to the bumps. The rear suspension was packing over consecutive bumps as it ran out of travel, the front feel great as it came. Tried several settings and ended up stiffening the high speed compression and sped up the rebound for a plush ride at high speeds. I would note that with the stock suspension, the adjusters really didn't make much difference in ride, with the Alba package, half turns and clicks were definitely noticeable. I would think the adjustments range would suit almost anybody.

Bottom line is that I am very happy with the package. Nate adjusted the pre-load and all settings and they were very close, maybe just right for some. Having spent big bucks on replacement shocks in the past, I am glad I took a shot with Alba.

Take care,
    Keith
    Last edited by Keith Drake; 04-06-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    First post on the site is a write up about Alba. Hummmmmmmmm

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Thanks for the review. So many choices.
    ForcefedY likes this.
    I just want to go fast
    All Fired Up!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    "First post on the site is a write up about Alba. Hummmmmmmmm"

Not sure your point... I actually post using my real name, don't work for Alba, but do like to share information. If you were to look at the Polaris Forum I posted there as well. I had the first 2015 Polaris 1000cc conversion in a 2012 RZR that ran correctly but self destructed everything else upon use. I do have a ball driving the Yamaha.
    Have a great day!
    Keith
    Last edited by 6gearz; 04-07-2016 at 03:20 PM.
    Rider414 and Chunk like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1498 times
    Thanks for the review Keith and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    315 times
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for the review

Sponsored Links