Anyone racing with stock x2 suspension succesfully?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Anyone racing with stock x2 suspension succesfully? within the YXZ Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; Just wondering if anyone has succesfully setup the x2 se suspension to work as good as it can, as is I will be racing hare ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sanddan52

Thread: Anyone racing with stock x2 suspension succesfully?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Just wondering if anyone has succesfully setup the x2 se suspension to work as good as it can, as is I will be racing hare scrambles....re-valve and re-spring in future, but for now have to use stock stuff......

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I'm not racing yet. Hope to be in the fall.
    I've been able to get rid of the kicking up in the back by adjusting the pre load. The car will skim the whoops fine but its all over the trail while doing it. can't find a rebound setting to get it to go straight. not sure where to go from here.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    440 times
    Give G-Force Suspension a look into. He has the YXZ shocks dialed in. Cohl Secoy was using his re-tuned shocks last year when he won the over all in a GNCC!

His name is Gary Hinkle, Tell him Truett sent you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    If you took some preload out and that reduced the kick next do less rebound and more compression. Before reducing the preload I added rebound to reduce the kick but it acted like you describe. Once you soften the rear you don't need all that rebound damping. Compression will help control the suspension, less rebound will keep it from packing up (allow full movement under repeated hits). I do 1/4 turn adjustments at a time, run through a set of woops, evaluate results, rinse and repeat until happy. Same set of woops each time.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot01 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has succesfully setup the x2 se suspension to work as good as it can, as is I will be racing hare scrambles....re-valve and re-spring in future, but for now have to use stock stuff......
    I only have one race on new machine with X2s. I set shocks on Fox's "agressive settings" but was still getting too much kick. I took nearly all pre-load off rear just before the race with no seat time for adjusting. That took care of the kicking but rear bottomed out too easily and walked side to side through whoops. Once my back heals (it was bad before the race) I need to start tuning. I like that the kicking is way under control but can't handle loss of keeping it in line. The ride through the whoops was very hard on the body.

The front may need to be softend slightly while the rear must be kept from bottoming out and walking side to side. Any suggestions as to where to start adjusting?

Thanks in advance

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    More compression and less rebound on the rear. It's over sprung so to reduce kicking rebound damping is added. This can reduce the travel under repeated hits like you see in a series of woops. The shock doesn't have enough time to fully extend before it hits the next bump and starts to compress again. Each time you lose some of the shock travel. Keep in mind that the high speed and low speed adjustments have different effects so try both to see what works for you. I like to make 1/4 turn adjustments at a time and keep it to one adjustment at a time. Run the same series of woops in the same direction to test the adjustments so you get an accurate feel for how it reacts. It can be time consuming to do but easy. It's also helpful to record the adjustments and results as you go.
    LooseNut likes this.

Sponsored Links