rinding after Eibach Stage2 dual spring kit install - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

rinding after Eibach Stage2 dual spring kit install

This is a discussion on rinding after Eibach Stage2 dual spring kit install within the YXZ Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; Try turning your rebound damping up in increments. Should smooth things out to a degree....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: rinding after Eibach Stage2 dual spring kit install

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Try turning your rebound damping up in increments. Should smooth things out to a degree.
    2016 YXZ1000R (Orange)
    GYTR Gear Reduction
    Fronts: 30" Braven Ironside Tires
    Rears: 30" Maxxis Rampage Tires (Yeah, F'd up.)
    Bazzaz ZFi and ZAFM fuel control

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Yes I re- geared 45 -15

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I plan to take 10 mm preload out of rear and see if it uses full shock travel. If that works out well , will add rebound to both ends.
    Weather here is iffy next couple of days and we babysit grandson all next week. So it is going to be a little while before we go out again. Did a day trip ( no YXZ ) to check out Stoddard wells area. Outlet Center drive looks like a place we will try. Hodge road looked blah.

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Took 8 mm out of rear preload. Set all rebounds in 1 turn from full open. Rides better - still junk under 15 mph. Going to take 5 mm more out of each end to see if it affects <15 mph compliance. was rubbing under belly a bit more than before - to be expected. Not quite sure where to go from here with the front end. Shock valving ?
    We took a new trail and ended up getting disoriented. Nothing looked familiar . Wife pointed in a direction and said " I think we need to go that way " Head that way and started looking for a house to get directions . Found a nice gentleman at home and he got us straightened out. We were not too far from the KOH area where we started, maybe 10 miles or so. . Time to invest in a GPS unit.
    Car ran great all day long . I am always impressed by how well it runs at slow speed in 1 thru 3 gear and about 2k revs. very pleased.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Have a question . Was thinking of ways to soften front for slow speed (< 15 mph ). Would adding a 2nd tender spring be an option, make it triple rate ?
    Other thought is to replace existing tender with softer one. But this probably gets to the point of just using a single 225 rate spring.
    Current spring package is 250 tender / 225 main. Almost seems backwards to me.
    Gives me an idea to swap them and adjust crossovers to engage tender spring to prevent bottoming. Would be interesting to try.
    Or adjust crossovers to engage main spring at ride height.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dbatman View Post
    Have a question . Was thinking of ways to soften front for slow speed (< 15 mph ). Would adding a 2nd tender spring be an option, make it triple rate ?
    Other thought is to replace existing tender with softer one. But this probably gets to the point of just using a single 225 rate spring.
    Current spring package is 250 tender / 225 main. Almost seems backwards to me.
    Gives me an idea to swap them and adjust crossovers to engage tender spring to prevent bottoming. Would be interesting to try.
    Or adjust crossovers to engage main spring at ride height.
    Your spring rate with the 250/225 combo is 118#" until the crossovers touch and it goes to 225#" when that happens. A stiffer top spring will compress at a lower rate than the bottom and allow more shock compression until the crossover touches.

rinding after Eibach Stage2 dual spring kit install-stacked-springs-combined-rates-chart.png

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dgarris View Post
    Your spring rate with the 250/225 combo is 118#" until the crossovers touch and it goes to 225#" when that happens. A stiffer top spring will compress at a lower rate than the bottom and allow more shock compression until the crossover touches.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stacked-Springs-Combined-Rates-Chart.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	113382
    I think 225 rate on main is still very stiff for me. 250 tender just makes it worse. Thinking of 175 tenders.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    I think 225 rate on main is still very stiff for me. 250 tender just makes it worse. Thinking of 175 tenders.
    My '19 with X2's, (I'm not positive, had to measure the coil and use a spring calculator) are 175 over 200. I've reached out to fox and yamaha with no luck so far. I do know the more preload added, the rougher it is low speed.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I think you would be better off changing the main spring to a lower rate. Right now when it hits crossover, your spring rate jumps from 118# to 225# instantly. If you were to switch the main spring to 200# just for example, you would get a slightly lower combined spring rate (new value) 111# before crossover happens. And then it would only jump to 200# for the remaining travel.

Just for example, my '16 front progressive springs are variable rate 137-225#, so they only get to 225# at the very top of travel. Many guys think they are a bit on the soft side. I suspect you might like them.

Can you post a pic of your current spring setup? I'd like to get an idea how much travel you get before crossover.
    2016 YXZ1000R (Orange)
    GYTR Gear Reduction
    Fronts: 30" Braven Ironside Tires
    Rears: 30" Maxxis Rampage Tires (Yeah, F'd up.)
    Bazzaz ZFi and ZAFM fuel control

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    rinding after Eibach Stage2 dual spring kit install-crossovers.jpg
    Thanks Buck and dgarris . I know I have to change something in the spring package . Adjustments alone won't do it . Ordered a set of 200# PAC springs to replace main springs . Picture is of crossover position . Next trip out I will adjust these a lot higher. looking at them for the picture - I did not realize how low they were. Static setup on bench they had 1" of clearance to slider.
    Outside of the initial harshness - things are working fairly well in front. Rolled into a few rain ruts ,about 18" deep , @10 mph , and it absorbed those hits nicely. So I think I do not want to get too far away from what parts I have now.
    Good excuse for another desert trip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links