rinding after Eibach Stage2 dual spring kit install
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on rinding after Eibach Stage2 dual spring kit install within the YXZ Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; i install the spring without revalving. i drive on motocross tracks , not so fast but aggressiv. the set up was the same how the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: rinding after Eibach Stage2 dual spring kit install

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times

i install the spring without revalving.
    i drive on motocross tracks , not so fast but aggressiv.

the set up was the same how the manual say.
    with my buddy, me and a tire on the rear rack the setup (or springs) are to soft. Everytime we hit the ground in the rear and the front was very unstable.
    the next time we set down the crossover point. in the front ca. 0,75inch and in the rear 1 inch , further we took the tire from the rear rack.

after that the ride was very nice and smooth, but i think for very aggressiv riding (on moto x tracks or similar) the springs are to soft.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    What model do you have and could you estimate the amount of preload you started with? Seems like just what I am looking for; soft soft soft...

Dwayne
    2019 soon!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrock View Post
    i install the spring without revalving.
    i drive on motocross tracks , not so fast but aggressiv.

the set up was the same how the manual say.
    with my buddy, me and a tire on the rear rack the setup (or springs) are to soft. Everytime we hit the ground in the rear and the front was very unstable.
    the next time we set down the crossover point. in the front ca. 0,75inch and in the rear 1 inch , further we took the tire from the rear rack.

after that the ride was very nice and smooth, but i think for very aggressiv riding (on moto x tracks or similar) the springs are to soft.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I set the preload like the eibach Manual say. But for two peoples and a little bit baggage you need little more preload.
    For me the riding high is important and the rear frame clearance is now 330mm, like the Yamaha Manual say.
    My Modell is a 2016 , Stick shift with 27" tires.

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Did the same kit on my 16 . Front is a waste of money right now. Should have gone Weller or Schmidty . Stock springs were working better than these. rear is okay - still needs a little tuning.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    The crazy thing about that eibach kit is now if you call Weller for revalvaving they will tell you that those rates are to soft for them to re valve around . The use a higher rate spring . Look closely at the description of the stage 2 kit and it says it’s for stock valving.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocken Robin View Post
    The crazy thing about that eibach kit is now if you call Weller for revalvaving they will tell you that those rates are to soft for them to re valve around . The use a higher rate spring . Look closely at the description of the stage 2 kit and it says it’s for stock valving.
    that's partially why I went that route. but on mine - the stock Eibach settings for the front are out in left field somewhere. Nowhere near usable. had to fully open all damping adjusters to get it somewhat rideable. Adding compression back in made it worse. Adding rebound seemed to help. Probably in about 3 full turns.
    I took out 8 mm of preload and removed crossovers since "They are inactive ". front feels noticeably softer than before. maybe too soft. I am going to put crossovers back in. Hoping that if it is too soft , I can move them to bring in the main spring quicker. still learning on how adjustments change the feel of the machine.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    I did all that and then some . Finally went long travel . It’s unreal how choppy those cars are I swear going slow was worse.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I did all that and then some . Finally went long travel . It’s unreal how choppy those cars are I swear going slow was worse.
    it is like 2 totally different cars. Above 15 mph it is not so bad . below 15 - better to park it and walk. I truly think this is fixable for my riding style. The wife and I like cruising the desert and enjoying the sights. If this car never went faster than 50 , she would be happy as a clam . ( happy wife = happy life ). right now the 15-50 is acceptable for us. I just need to work with suspension that is set intentionally soft and work around that.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Going to a 30 inch tire is huge improvement in ride . I went max library they seem to have good aside wall flex and that smooths out the chopp
    Buck8577 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Going to a 30 inch tire is huge improvement in ride . I went max library they seem to have good aside wall flex and that smooths out the chopp
    Did you gear down?
    put preload at 10mm ( actual ) 62 mm from start of threads. collars hit springs good at 52 MM from threads.
    Put crossovers back on about 1" from slider. All damping full off .
    my thinking is that I can make it stiffer multiple ways if needed.
    Johnson Valley tomorrow.
    Optimistic.
    Last edited by dbatman; 05-04-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links