Weller/RPM turbo - who has it?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Weller/RPM turbo - who has it? within the YXZ Forced Induction forums, part of the Yamaha YXZ Technical category; I'm certain there's another lucky person here who has theirs. PM me and we can share install secrets....

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Weller/RPM turbo - who has it?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    331 times

I'm certain there's another lucky person here who has theirs. PM me and we can share install secrets.
    Double C likes this.
    I just want to shift something.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Seen this on u-tube but only photo's........ Thanks SuperDunner

" If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough. "

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1142 times
    This is still only in the dream stage for me

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaddict View Post
    I'm certain there's another lucky person here who has theirs. PM me and we can share install secrets.
    So you decided to go from the MPI to the RPM? Curious why, ease and potential to upgrade the power down the road?
    MMLX89 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    So I took my car down to Weller early morning on the 16th with the plan to have the install completed by the next day and then off to Glamis. Unfortunately, not all the exhaust components showed up in the UPS morning drop off, so I ended up not getting it done. They did however install my Alba/Barnett clutch swap and re-valved my shocks to keep the back end planted a little better. I'm going back on the 14th for the RPM install and possible ECU reflash. Can't wait..

I too was originally going with the MPI kit mainly because of the durability testing they completed at Yamaha's request. But after looking at their placement of the intercooler right on top of the motor and using a single fan (plus I was never a big fan of the sideways exhaust) the vertically mounted, twin fan intercooler on the RPM made more sense. Plus I get dual exhaust out the back!
    Heineken Dan
    2016 YXZ 1000R
    RPM/Weller Racing Turbo
    Lonestar/Weller Racing Long Travel Kit
    2015 Ford F450 Lariat
    2017 DRV Full House LX455 Toy Hauler
    1981 Honda 185s ATC (restored)

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunegod View Post
    So I took my car down to Weller early morning on the 16th with the plan to have the install completed by the next day and then off to Glamis. Unfortunately, not all the exhaust components showed up in the UPS morning drop off, so I ended up not getting it done. They did however install my Alba/Barnett clutch swap and re-valved my shocks to keep the back end planted a little better. I'm going back on the 14th for the RPM install and possible ECU reflash. Can't wait..

I too was originally going with the MPI kit mainly because of the durability testing they completed at Yamaha's request. But after looking at their placement of the intercooler right on top of the motor and using a single fan (plus I was never a big fan of the sideways exhaust) the vertically mounted, twin fan intercooler on the RPM made more sense. Plus I get dual exhaust out the back!
    Sorry the previous install attempt didn't work out as planned but hopefully you are under boost on the 14th. you'll be glad you waited!

For those on the fence, we are trying to our best to make kits as fast as possible, but unfortunately it just never seems fast enough. Quality takes time... If you are interested please let us know asap, or call Weller Racing as they will be stocking kits if we can ever get caught up. On a side note, we are looking for another fabricator to hire full time, but as you are probably aware they have to be at the top of their game.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    So you decided to go from the MPI to the RPM? Curious why, ease and potential to upgrade the power down the road?
    I have a fusion surgery on the 18th so I decided to hold off on the MPI and allow somebody else to get their hands on one. I originally had hope to have it for a trip we did in late Sept but they didn't get it to me until after the trip, therefore the priority was not as great. Then I talked to Ghettosled and Corry. Things changed. Decided I needed boost for an event before surgery. Here we are.
    6gearz likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    331 times
    Now I just need to chat with somebody who is in the same boat as me, trying to make sense of the pictures.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    807 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaddict View Post
    Now I just need to chat with somebody who is in the same boat as me, trying to make sense of the pictures.
    We will be improving and fine-tuning our install pics/instructions etc as we get feedback - we want to be sure everyone has what they need to do a nice, smooth install.
    milosusa, scottdmax and Desertdog like this.
    Corry Weller
    Weller Racing
    #1 SR1
    #18 Pro 4

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunegod View Post

The MPI exhaust unfortunately looks like an afterthought. IMO
    Rolfs likes this.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links