Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

More Boost!!!

15K views 55 replies 15 participants last post by  iShift 
#1 ·
A pic from this weekend and first trip on Weller built motor. Sand Desert Natural environment Dune Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice!!!!

#14 ·
Update on boosted motor..

2nd trip to Glamis this weekend on new boosted motor, turned it up a few clicks to approx 12/13 psi with some high octane fuel in the tank. This motor keeps on putting a smile on my face!! Just those few extra clicks on the adjust a boost is a very impressive difference! This car is stupid fast!!! Way more power than needed to have fun in the dunes. Ran it all 3 days at this boost level and felt no real need to turn it up to max boost. Water temp stayed around 180°-190° max in the perfect weather this weekend (around mid 70°) with light wind. Very pleased with the Weller motor boost upgrade and RPM/Weller turbo! If anyone is on the fence about upgrading motor for higher boost, do it!!! It’s a F’n blast!!

#15 ·
Thanks for the update. I'm itchin to do this!

BTW, how is everything else holding up? Did you do any other supporting mods to the drivetrain to handle the 13 lbs boost?

#17 ·
Good to know; thanks!

So did Weller use the GYTR rods in their "boost ready" kit on your build? Do you know if you can request Carillo rods as a substitution instead?
And what compression ratio pistons did they use? Worried about losing some bottom end with the 9.5-1 pistons.....what is your opinion on that?

Appreciate the feedback. Just doing some advance planning for when I have them build my motor.

#18 ·
I’m not sure if they are Carillo or another brand? They show Carillo rods on their engine parts webpage, but there is another set also that isn’t named. I had same concern on compression also, so I went 10.5:1 pistons to keep what little bottom end torque it has. It’s not noticeable to me, it’s still seems like stock power at lower rpm’s. Most of my driving is the dunes, so I’m usually around mid throttle at lowest. Car is awesome when you tap in to the upper rpm’s! It’s a whole new car with added boost!!

#43 ·
ishift, what about Alba's 1000cc injectors? I thought it was you maybe that might have said not to go to big it'll work against you, I just figured if you were only fueling at maybe 70% or whatever your build called for/needed , you'd be good, not so or what? It'll be a spare motor, but will be built, so I'm not wanting to blow it up but want to be able to crank it up on race fuel to make two or closer to two and a half to the tires. Plan to run the GYTR kit W/ Alba's tune, seems Nate took a like'in to the GYTR kit, so you'll have good tech support going that route. What do you think? If I remember correctly your running the MPI kit or you running the RPM kit?k

#55 ·
Text Line Parallel
This is a 2016 1000R, with RPM turbo and Weller's high boost build. Boost set at 14#, 100 octane race gas, for the curious.

Reactions: pp13bnos and iShift
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.