Are You Ready to Be Blown Away?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha YXZ Forums - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Are You Ready to Be Blown Away? within the Rugged Race Products forums, part of the Vendor Member Section category; The all new M3 takes helmet air pressure to a whole new level. With the constant demand for more air flow in pumper style helmets, ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rugged Radios
  • 1 Post By dumontsand
  • 1 Post By rickkcg

Thread: Are You Ready to Be Blown Away?

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times

The all new M3 takes helmet air pressure to a whole new level. With the constant demand for more air flow in pumper style helmets, the M3 builds pressure and forces high volume air at a high rate of speed. Using a special built, high static pressure fan, the M3 produces 5 times the pressure and more volume than any other helmet pumper available!

Forum members receive 10% off retail! Use coupon code YXZ10

Member #
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugged Radios View Post
    The all new M3 takes helmet air pressure to a whole new level. With the constant demand for more air flow in pumper style helmets, the M3 builds pressure and forces high volume air at a high rate of speed. Using a special built, high static pressure fan, the M3 produces 5 times the pressure and more volume than any other helmet pumper available!

are you upgrading the MAC4.1 also as I do not want to order if you are upgrading this unit also.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I believe this new version is only going to be made with 2 ports. This thing puts out so much air, it's almost irresponsible for us to make it for a single seat haha. However, we do have a port plug so that you can plug one of the ports for single seat use.
    dumontsand likes this.
    Forum members receive 10% off retail! Use coupon code YXZ10

4. Remove Advertisements
    YXZTalk.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    186 times
    Hope you have them on truck at sand show. Sounds interesting.
    Rugged Radios likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugged Radios View Post

Is it very noisy inside the helmet? If so can it be returned?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Johnnyairtime likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I'd like to see a response to Rick's question ^^^^^
    WIFE'S YXZ
    - CageWRX Super Shorty +
    - 32" Maxxis Liberty Tires
    - Modquad Tie-rod kit
    - GYTR/Tubeworks Gear reduction (70/30-30/15)
    - Tubeworks Wet Clutch mod
    - Alba rear driveline cyro driveshaft coupler
    - Full Alba exhaust
    - Alba ECU reflash
    - Billet airbox spacer
    - Rugged Ridge Intercom
    - Vertex 50W two-way radio
    - Custom spare tire mount and Fuelpax
    - Cooler mount, tool box mount
    - xPrite RX series G1 chase light bar
    - 50" LED Lightbar
    - Dual lighted whips
    - etc

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    They make a variable speed controller for it I know. You can always turn it down until you need the full power.
    2017 Yamaha YXZ SS SE (red)
    70/30/15 Tubeworks gear reduction w/ IRP, Krash Offroad full cage w/ integrated rear bumper and spare tire carrier, 30x10x14 EFX Motoclaws, Factory UTV underbody skid, Trail Armor A-Arm guards, Yamaha Trail bumper w/ Viper Midnight 4500 winch, custom self-built glass windshield, custom self-built seat riser/angle

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Just in the process of installing the M3 Helmet blower on my new 19 YXZ. I had one in my 17 model YXZ and also run with one in my Honda Pioneer. I consider it a must have if you ride with a group in dusty conditions. It works pretty well. I combo the blower unit with a Klim R1 helmet. I had to open up the ports in the helmet a bit to help air flow.
    The new variable speed controller is different than what I got with my 17 model. The new unit is a different housing and not at nice as its appears to be cheap plastic. Hard to mount anywhere where it doesn't look like hell. Ended up mounting the controller to the roof up out of the way so you don't see it. I generally run the blower unit wide open anyway. Is the blower loud? Hell yes it is loud. Freekin annoying after a few hours, it is a constant pronounced whine. I am planning on using ear plugs this year with the unit and I think that will help greatly. Breathing clean air and not having dust in the eyes does outweigh the noise of the unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are You Ready to Be Blown Away?-img_4338.jpg   Are You Ready to Be Blown Away?-img_4342.jpg  
    Last edited by Fargo Eh; 03-26-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Is it the actual pump that is loud, or the air rushing through the helmet? If it is the pump, could it be mounted out of the way, say maybe in the Yamaha Cargo box where the spare battery area is? I know you can get longer hoses/extensions if needed.
    2017 Yamaha YXZ SS SE (red)
    70/30/15 Tubeworks gear reduction w/ IRP, Krash Offroad full cage w/ integrated rear bumper and spare tire carrier, 30x10x14 EFX Motoclaws, Factory UTV underbody skid, Trail Armor A-Arm guards, Yamaha Trail bumper w/ Viper Midnight 4500 winch, custom self-built glass windshield, custom self-built seat riser/angle

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Straeter View Post
    Is it the actual pump that is loud, or the air rushing through the helmet? If it is the pump, could it be mounted out of the way, say maybe in the Yamaha Cargo box where the spare battery area is? I know you can get longer hoses/extensions if needed.
    The air flow through the R1 helmet is actually quite subtle. Just enough to pressurize it and keep dust out. I would have thought the system would flow more air, but it does work. I may try a different helmet than the Klim R1 sometime down the road as I think the air passages in the R1 are a bit restrictive. The pumper unit is loud in itself, its basically sounds like a high pitch vacuum because that is what it basically is. The sound comes down the hose piped directly around your head. I never used ear plugs in the past, because I kept forgetting to buy some. This year, I have the ear plugs ready to go. I have not tried a longer hose or mounting the unit further away from the cockpit. That might help but I personally think most of the sound travels down the hose into the helmet.

Sponsored Links