Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,146 Posts
Another thing that might be helpful to you is what year to buy. In 2019 Yamaha made a ton of improvements to address many of the YXZs shortcomings. 2019+ cars will cost more than 2018- cars, but In my opinion, they are worth the extra cash. The improvements Yamaha made were things that most people were doing to make the YXZ more reliable and perform better.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I think Yamaha or Kawasaki make the most dependable well built machines on the market today. The Krx and the Yxz were the top of my list when I was looking for my last SxS and would still be the top 2 today.
[/QUOTE
Any major issues after all of those miles? I like that mileage count...right on!
Only real failure i can say was crank sensor last year and i fixed that. Thing runs great and i am going to change my second clutch this winter just because and to check how wear is going. Lots of upgrades i have done along with a new frame because twisted front end. One badass machine still! Winterized and on jack stands now.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
284 Posts
The SS performs flawlessly rock crawling, and I have the lightweight Packard Flywheel, has just made it easier to what you would think wouldn't.

On steep climbs, You can drive with your foot on the gas and the brake, you will feel the clutch engage at the same time riding the brake a little to prevent from rolling back. Very rare to use this technique. The YXZ climbs well.

if your green diff light is flashing you have another problem needs to be looked at. I beat on mine everywhere.

Cloud Sky Helmet Vehicle Mountain
Helmet Vehicle Sky Automotive mirror Window

21 - 24 of 24 Posts