Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone. My 18 yxz ss has seemed to have stripped/rounded the 3rd gear dogs in the trans right around 2500 miles. I called the dealer 3 weeks ago now to try to get it in for warranty, they must be busy as I still havent got a call to bring it in. I have 2 years of yes warranty left so I think im going to cancel it and fix it myself.

Has anybody else had this issue? Ive had a 70/30 reduction since 0 miles, issue started when I put on 32s. Coincidence I think..

Any tips or tricks you recommend? Is it typical ill need to replace a lot more than the 2 gears that are likely stripped? Thanks

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts

Hope this helps. Watching the tubeworks video for gear reduction installation is very helpful. It can bend shift forks too, but if you are catching it early, then probably just the two gears. Good luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I did the 2019 gear swap on my 2016. Watch the tube works video and take your time. Its not that hard if you have a mechanical background. Don't take all the gears out just leave them in the one side and pull out gears as needed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anybody have a link to the tubeworks video? I'm having trouble finding it.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts