Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see this video posted yet. NO this is not my ride nor my video... just sharing for guys looking at this as trail machine.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Seems like he let off the throttle a bit 3/4 of the way to the top at the dips. I wish he would of lugged it at the bottom n as going up would of got into it more to see how torque was but oh well seemed to do good so far. Cool thanks for the video

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Doesn't seem to whine that bad. Maybe worse live but a sound blanket will deaden a lot of that. May also lessen as it wears in.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trails looked extremely smooth, any idea where this was taken?
The guy who was driving on video via facebook said it was "Wildcat off-road here in London ky"

·
Registered
15 Posts
First , congrats on the ride and thanks for the video. What's your thoughts on the gearing on these trails?
For trail riding it could definitely be geared a little bit lower... that opinion has been said by me and two or three of my buddies that I have let drive it... But at the same time this was said when they all had a smile on their faces from just driving it... I believe that for someone that wants to spend a lot of time in the trails the Rekluse clutch will be a great investment and make this machine even better...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any big hills that u went up did it seem to have a lots of power or do u have to push it to get up them?
There wasn't any hills that I struggled with... This thing has more power than you could ever use in trail riding... Quick high revving engine honestly reminds you of a crotch rocket... Keep in mind in this video I was trying to go up it relatively slow and in first gear because that's what a lot of the video requests had said... I hit it harder off video... As well as just flying up it in 2wd...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats and Welcome to the forum thanks for sharing your video with us :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sure can hear those gears whine!! Coming from a 1st year Commander that's not a selling point for me. :(
I remember when Nissan GT- R was first introduced it intentionally had gear whine as they didn't use any insulation around the gear and it was justified by having the race car experience! I would be comfortable with it and it should be an easy fix for others.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the video. Nice to see one on trails more similar to what we ride in SW VA and eastern TN. how did it handle up & down hills with baby heads all over the place? We're always on rocks it seems.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts