Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two complete sets of paddles that came off my yxzs. Have about 5 trips on them and built motors then had to change up in size. Came from Fullerton and are Oregon comp cut #2. Fronts are sti sand drifters. Stu 26-14. STI 28-10-14. Honestly not sure what the worth is but want to keep them as sets. So any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am just completing yxz turbo long travel build. I have tw 45/15 gear reduction, built motor for gytr turbo set for 10lbs boost. I am not sure the paddles are big enough for the power. I was hoping to ask fullerton what they recommend, but they are out of business. What paddles did you upgrade to and how are they working for you? Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As much as I would like to sell them it’s best to go with something else. I have a engine built by Matt seahorn and mpi turbo at 10lbs boost and the tire was just spinning on top of sand not getting any bite. So we got new sets of larger tires and help that problem big. We are currently trying to decide on a gear reduction right now, once we went to 30” paddles the stock gearing for motor build is way to high geared. We are leaning to the 45/15, have you ran the car with it yet? What do you think of it? We are running Oregon sand dunes and a lot of worm trails and it’s just way to high geared but the 70/15 seems alittle extreme for our ridding

·
Registered
448 Posts
Are you selling both sets of paddles? If so what are the particulars on the larger tires? And where are you located?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can send you tire set up we have and absolutely love but unfortunately they came from Fullerton just about 4 months ago, I didn’t know they went out of business, that’s a bummer
Are you selling both sets of paddles? If so what are the particulars on the larger tires? And where are you located?
Yes, I have two complete sets fronts and rears. Both my uncle and I have yxz and had identical set ups then went and did motor builds and had to go to larger paddles. Fronts are STI , and rears are STU sand blasters. We bought both sets from Fullerton when we had motors built to 155hp. I’m located in gold hill Oregon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have not finished the build yet. I hope to have it done for my march 18th trip to Glamis. I was afraid that my 14 paddle tires were not big enough. I think 70/30 gear reduction is too low for dune riding. 1st and 2nd will be too low with the turbo. 45/15 will take the gearing back to what you had even with 30in paddles.
Can you tell me if 30in paddles are 14 or 12 and what brand fullerton sent to you. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hopefully these pictures come tru okay. Best I have until I get home. Rears are 14 paddle sand sports and fronts are 30” skat trac Mohawk.
So 45/15 takes hearing back to stock with 30” tires? Was hoping to get alittle lower then stock being first gear is so high when stuck on a incline in sand. But I guess it would be better then what I have now at least still being stock with 30”

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only thing I would question is the sand difference from Glamis to the Oregon dunes sand. Fullerton did say that the sand in Glamis is a lot more course and I believe he was saying that a different paddle would be best. Being a lot more course it’s heavier there for you don’t want such a bite......that’s if I remember right. Hope this helps and doesn’t make it more confusing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts