Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen different reference on here about this being 2 of 5 new models. Where did that info come from ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think it started with Yamaha's press release back in 2013 with the Viking. Then you had the Wolverine, Viking VI, now YXZ, so that is at least #4.

New Viking launches Yamaha's five-year plan for SxS

Publish Date: Jun 12, 2013

LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Yamaha told dealers this week that the new Viking side-by-side is the first in what will be a series of new-model intros in this sector through 2018.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I see it as this is the 3rd out of 5...obviously they will turbo it for next year for the 4th release, but no clue on what 5 will be.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's only three...two more models with two more model years to come ('17 and '18)

Reactions: zztop

·
Registered
133 Posts
I see it as the 3rd sxs. I don't count different variations of a model as a whole new unit (turbo, 4-6 seater). Should be a narrow one coming out and maybe a single seater?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Would love to see a wolverine with the yxz motor and transmission and suspension and still be able to throw a deer in the bed and haul it back to camp.:D

·
Registered
589 Posts
I see it as the 3rd sxs. I don't count different variations of a model as a whole new unit (turbo, 4-6 seater). Should be a narrow one coming out and maybe a single seater?
If that's the case, then a new YXZ 4 seater wouldn't be a new model either. Or anything with the YXZ designation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
When they said 5 new models was that for just sidexside or including atv lineup as well.
SXS per the quote above from Yamaha. I'd bet on a 4 seater before a turbo model. A single seat would be great too, not the Ace style though. That's too much like a quad with a cage, not sporty. Polaris has a patent on that so they may show one first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of the next 2 models will have the yxz motor with a different tranny for trails. Mark my words. Yamaha uses their new motors in sport vehicles first. Remember the 2001 660 raptor? It had the motor first before the grizzly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
They better debut the Wolverine 4 before the YXZ 4. This should also be 3 of their projected 5 units they planned to bring to market over the next 5 years.

·
Registered
106 Posts
They better debut the Wolverine 4 before the YXZ 4. This should also be 3 of their projected 5 units they planned to bring to market over the next 5 years.
I agree with this projection. I know no one at Yamaha and I'm just guessing but I don't think the "5 new models in 5 years" pledge included counting 2 and 4 seat machines of the same name as a different machine. 1) Viking 2) Wolverine 3) Yxz 4)? 5)?? But who knows, maybe the multi-passenger models are counted, since technically it would be a different frame. If that's the case, then there's one more machine coming, according to the pledge, and I'd guess it's either a 4 seat Wolverine or Yxz. But I'm hoping for some derivative of the ladder.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts