Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

20 hour break in question

10K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  YumaYXZ 
#1 ·
Well I'm just another newbie with a doobie question here however I'd appreciate your technical expertise on this one. I'm at 20 hours and I've been tickling 6,000 RPM randomly and gently change the fluids and I'm now ready for some fun. Is it recommended to go right to Red line randomly from now on or is there another recommended tier that I should be considering before a lot of red line?

#2 ·
Let it warm up properly and let it eat!! Its ready for rev limiter.

#4 ·
Drive it like you stole it. These engines love RPMs and you have been patient long enough.

Reactions: roofintrash
#5 ·
these cars need to be warmed up. cannot stress that enough. let it get to operating temps then run that b*tch to 10k all day. shift at least over 6k, but the higher the better. if jumping, dont land while on the gas. and be careful doing donuts, the short wheelbase lets them cut into turns good.....sometimes too good, and they can flop quickly. plenty of threads and photos of how shitty these cages are from the factory, so be aware the harder you push it, the more you push your luck. mechanically though, shes good to go.

#7 ·
Drive it like you stole it. These engines love RPMs and you have been patient long enough.
thanks LeadMic appreciate your comments
these cars need to be warmed up. cannot stress that enough. let it get to operating temps then run that b*tch to 10k all day. shift at least over 6k, but the higher the better. if jumping, dont land while on the gas. and be careful doing donuts, the short wheelbase lets them cut into turns good.....sometimes too good, and they can flop quickly. plenty of threads and photos of how shitty these cages are from the factory, so be aware the harder you push it, the more you push your luck. mechanically though, shes good to go.
thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.