Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood
Ok, so ive never really been a fan of yellow anything. I like darker, earthier, outdoorsy type colors that blend in with the environment and arent like a big neon flashing sign rather. Well the 2016 YXZ 1000 SE is pretty flashy i must say, i mean it definitely caught my attention while passing by my local yamaha dealer and with its sharp, pointy, fast appearance i ultimately ended up with this bright yellow “look at me” bike. Yellow or not, they just look fast and mean as anything ever produced and you never seem them around here. Well some 5 yrs or so later and a few deep scratches and gouges I decided it was time for a face lift. Yet completely doing away with all the yellow was way more involved and costly than I intended on spending. Well my ‘19 Tacoma is Cement grey in color and is the main purpose for buying it. Fell in love immediately and have gotten so many compliments on it. Its an odd color and you dont see many in this area anyways. So i decided to make my YXZ match the Tacos Cement color but in a camo type pattern. I custom designed and ordered a “wrap” online and thought was fair for the price and i wasnt being real particular so i ordered the kit. $500. Well im not saying anything bad about the kit because the product is super thick at 21mill and from the mach ups they sent looked great. I placed the order and set up a date to have it installed at local wrapping shop. When we lay the kit out it immediately dawned on me that this was by no means a wrap as advertised but merely a graphics kit. And that it was not got to cover any edges or anything of the machine leaving alot of yellow showing. Im to blame for not looking into it more but this local company installs 10mill wraps but would have covered all those yellow edges and even tho was a thinner material would have ultimately looked better and more professional. Well I proceeded with the original plan and here is what it came to be! Im happy in a way, but im definitely unhappy but can only blame myself really. Theres a ton of yellow showing all the way around my bike and indeed an actual wrap is what i wanted but ended up with the graphics kit. My opinion, its much better than the solid yellow no doubt but i was hoping to cover up as much yellow as possible and have yellow accents and emblems since suspension components were yellow still. Anyways. This is what i now have, what do yall think? Everyone so far likes it. And its definitely unique and does match my Tacoma, but now i kind of feel the need to have the Taco wrapped around the borders and edges with yellow! 😂😂.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can see how it didn’t end up like the “picture” you had in your mind….
But I think it looks great!
Ties all the colors together and just appears as yellow accents which ties the chassis together.

Nice end result.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I like everything except the Yamaha logo. But that is because I don’t like the Yamaha logo. Not specifically your design.

It looks good, and is unique. Looks way better than one solid color for sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like everything except the Yamaha logo. But that is because I don’t like the Yamaha logo. Not specifically your design.

It looks good, and is unique. Looks way better than one solid color for sure.
Awwwwwe man! You burst my bubble on the Yamaha Logo! That was indeed my idea! I like it bc you dont see it much really so unless you know these machines or bikes and stuff ppl will be wondering WTH is that thing? Lol. It was guna be the YXZ logo but then i thought about circle logo and changed it. And it actually looks better in person than in the pictures for sure! Its got a dullish look in pics but it looks really slick and clean and sharp in person, for now 😂. Its definitely not what i had in mind but totally my fault. Its a good quality product for sure but time will really tell. Im headed up into AR now to ride some this week but ill try and post better pics if can find service. Thanks for the kind words though!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can see how it didn’t end up like the “picture” you had in your mind….
But I think it looks great!
Ties all the colors together and just appears as yellow accents which ties the chassis together.

Nice end result.
Thanks bud! And yea i knew i would always have some yellow showing so tried to add the accents n stuff to tie all together. I coulda played with the design alot more and should have but overall its a success i guess. Everyone loves it so far, im only one whos even kind of disliked it but thats not exactly true. I like it, just wasnt what expected. Live and learn! Next time ill really put some thought into every inch of it! Glad yall like it!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Awwwwwe man! You burst my bubble on the Yamaha Logo! That was indeed my idea! I like it bc you dont see it much really so unless you know these machines or bikes and stuff ppl will be wondering WTH is that thing? Lol. It was guna be the YXZ logo but then i thought about circle logo and changed it. And it actually looks better in person than in the pictures for sure! Its got a dullish look in pics but it looks really slick and clean and sharp in person, for now 😂. Its definitely not what i had in mind but totally my fault. Its a good quality product for sure but time will really tell. Im headed up into AR now to ride some this week but ill try and post better pics if can find service. Thanks for the kind words though!
I meant Yamaha’s design. I dislike the logo in general. Reminds me of a pile of forks. For dirt bikes it makes sense. Not so much on anything with 4 wheels.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Roofintrash - Do you have pictures of your interior? That gauge set up looks sweet, curious what it looks like from a different angle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts