Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have been waiting a little over a year.
I have been involved in R&D projects in the past, and understand they take longer than planned. I have spoken to Ron several times, and so far I am not worried.
From my understanding, these are made by Weismann. Just a side gig they undertook after one of the owners bought a YXZ.
There are a few boxes out the initial run (of 5, I think) there that are being used right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have been waiting a little over a year.
I have been involved in R&D projects in the past, and understand they take longer than planned. I have spoken to Ron several times, and so far I am not worried.
From my understanding, these are made by Weismann. Just a side gig they undertook after one of the owners bought a YXZ.
There are a few boxes out the initial run (of 5, I think) there that are being used right now.
So, you have been waiting for a year now?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've been waiting 7 months and have not been asked for my deposit yet. He said he will ask for a deposit when he adds me to a run. I'm a little worried how this product will be supported after purchase.

·
Administrator
2018 SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Trinity exhaust, Weller tune,RR Intercom & Radio,
459 Posts
@Djjoshua Sorry, been off with other "stuff".

Changed the title as requested.

Hopefully you've got some good info on the crawlbox and been able to look at some of the other threads reference gear reduction and speed.

Personally I did the 2018 gearing to 2019 gearing since it would have the least impact on speed and significantly impact low end performance. When I added a Trinity Stage 5, Alba spacer and Weller tune it really took it up a couple notches both in low end torque and its ability to walk over or accelerate up difficult terrain.

Nate

·
Registered
2 Posts
We paid in full over a year ago when they first opened up for orders. It has been frustrating with so many updates/ revisions etc and I've wondered several times if we were just being strung along and going to be out all of that money. But thankfully it finally showed up a couple weeks ago and we are installing it now. It is going in my wife's 17 SS. Hopefully it's as great as we are hoping!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I will chime in hear . I have the second proto type on the first batch that were sold . It’s because of some of the issues I had installing mine is why they change the design. It wouldn’t allow aftermarket seat to fit in the car with where the shift solenoid was located. As for the performance it will change your machine into probably the most capable off road sxs period . No belt to burn and no axles to break unless your trying to . It literally crawls slower then my rock crawler jeep . I currently run a 45/15 tube works gears but will be switching to the 2019 gears to get my top speed back . I am on 32” tires it does great .

Reactions: Rider414

·
Administrator
2018 SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Trinity exhaust, Weller tune,RR Intercom & Radio,
459 Posts
Soo, came across this. Still looking into the specs. But it appears to be a substantially stock 2016-2018.

Just food for thought on what the YXZ can do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I have 2017 SS with stock gearing. Do you think it would still provide a low enough gearing to start off on a very steep incline? In the CO mountains there are trails that are too steep to stop on and then restart.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks! Well if they are still in business next year and are not dropping gears all over the trails I'm in!

17SS with Graves exhaust and tune
Shock Theapy tuned shocks

21 - 34 of 34 Posts