Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow YXZ team!

I just got back from White Wash Sand Dunes in Green River Utah. I ran it hard at the dunes for about 30 minutes in 80 degree weather. I was going back to camp then I noticed the coolant light came on. I did have some coolant come out of a small hose? I think its for when it over heats to escape coolant? So I turned it off and left the fans on for about 60 seconds and turned it back on to pump cooler coolant on the engine. Once cooled down I added antifreeze to the coolant reservoir. I let it rest for about 30 minutes and a friend asked to drive it. Not sure what happened but the coolant cap on the reservoir popped off and burned the driver and passenger. Any idea why I am having this problem? I was thinking about adding a temp gauge. Do I need special coolant to make it run cooler? remove thermostat? maybe air bubble? what do you guys think?

p.s only running 5 lbs of boost

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. It's a 2016. I got a game plan from reading a few threads. I will clean my radiator with compressed air. I will do a flush & add a Evans waterless powersports coolant. I will also add a DLP thermostat delete housing. i hope this helps. I will keep yall posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts