Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 YXZ1000R that wont shift into 2nd, 3rd, 4, 5th gear. It will only operate in 1st and I can get in R.
It failed after a really snow covered trail, 2nd was the first to go, by the time we made it home only could drive in 1st.. I'm looking for solutions to repair tranny or sell the machine as is to someone who wants to fix it.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Pick up a good used transmission and swap it in. That's going to be the simplest answer. Having someone rebuild the tranny you already have is another option, if there is a decent shop nearby. What do you want for it as is and where are you located?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would repair it yourself. I have a 2016 that I did a change to 2019 gears. There are several threads on this site and some on the net that will be helpful. And when you buy all the parts you need be sure to replace the rubber snuber on the back of the rear driveshaft. Now would be a good time to do a gearing change. You will like the 2019 gears much better than the stock ratios. There are four gears and you can find the part #s on this site. They are about $250 from Revzilla. Before you tear it completely apart check the shift mechanism behind the clutch. Clutch can be removed without removing transmission. Get a manual and good luck

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a 2016 YXZ1000R that wont shift into 2nd, 3rd, 4, 5th gear. It will only operate in 1st and I can get in R.
It failed after a really snow covered trail, 2nd was the first to go, by the time we made it home only could drive in 1st.. I'm looking for solutions to repair tranny or sell the machine as is to someone who wants to fix it.
I am in San Diego and have a 2016 4K mi transmission in perfect working order. $2750.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts