Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing laps around the track at Stony Lonesome and the rear bucked up. The winch dug in and I went for a tumble. I can't say enough for the harnesses. The cage didn't fair so well. I ended up needing surgery this morning for a broken left collar bone.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Resized952019120895145617.jpg
Resized952019120895151051.jpg
20191209_101757.jpg

·
Registered
486 Posts
….and you just got the front diff problem worked out! Glad to see you are OK and I presume you were wearing a helmet by the smile on your face.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't wearing a helmet. I have a cartoon knot on my head to show for it. Precautionary CT scan was normal, so it must have knocked some sense into me. I won't go fast on a track without one again. And I won't be riding with a factory cage either.

….and you just got the front diff problem worked out! Glad to see you are OK and I presume you were wearing a helmet by the smile on your face.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Damn bro, glad to hear you didn't get hurt real bad, however a broken chicken wing is no joke. That looks like it could've been really bad. Your gona need to grow some ET fingers now to grab a up-shift, I like a man with a firm grip.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If Relhok doesn't total it, I told him I would build him a cage he can do 360's in for fun haha. The diff held up good beating on it. I chauffeured (had to google that) him and his buddies around Stony since they hadn't been there before. Unfortunately I lead everyone to the race track for a night cap when we were done. It is a MX track so some of the jumps are fine and others, not. He wrecked at the same place I talked about in my build. Thankfully for me, I had my winch tucked inside the frame or it would have been the same situation... 30mph OK, 35 MPH BAD.... We were about 300 foot away in a blind spot when it happened, I did have my video on the pioneer recording and it sounded terrible. I told them he wrecked from the sound and we took off, kinda forgot his wife..... Got there and he was good and sent someone for his wife... Could have been a lot worse than it was...Guys, get a cage, 4-6 point belts and tighten the straps when ripping! I've had a bunch of friends say, well the cage is suppose to fold to limit impact... My response is what happens if u roll multiple times!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Glad you made it out of that crash. Cage, Brick City & dump the front bumper & go with a Weller internal mount. I did the exact thing because of the same set-up, if that bumper wasn't hanging out so far I would not have crashed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
New frame arrived today. Dash meter is back-ordered until May...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: Rehab of the broken collar bone is going great. Doctor will likely clear me at my March 2nd follow up visit.

Backorder of the dash meter has been moved up to Feb 14. I punched my VIN number into the new frame. The swap could start as soon as tomorrow.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm done rehabbing the new titanium-upgraded collar bone.

After 38 hours in the shop, everything on the frame swap is done except for a stronger custom cage. Hopefully I'll be back riding in a couple weeks.

I don't see how Yamaha books a frame replacement at 19.6 hours! Props to Progressive Insurance for immediately giving 5 more hours. They offered a second payment if we found more broken parts and possibly more labor time.

I really like the Houser winch plate and front bumper. My Yamaha 3500 Warn winch is now much further back with a blue synthetic rope and hawse fairlead. No more front flips for me!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts