Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone heard of recall on the 2019 fuel pump.

My friends 2019 broke down last time we were out with a code SH-37 but the dealer it was taken to has never worked on many XYZ's so they are ordering parts and trying them. Had to tow him back as nothing would allow it to start again. Pretty sad for it not to have any kind of limp mode to get home on.

They think it is ECU but his has dealer installed turbo and they can't find part number to get the turbo one that is flashed for his machine. Anyhow they told him that the fuel pump was recalled and they would be replacing that too while in the shop.

Haven't heard about this but if accurate I guess I need to schedule mine in for service too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems now Yamaha approved a MCU to be installed and the fuel pump now they say didn't affect this VIN/model or something so they aren't changing the fuel pump. Lol. False alarm. I had never heard of that and figured they were possibly mistaken.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The SH_37 turned out to be the MCU. They say it is fixed and ready to be picked up.

Brand new with only 300 miles and the $600+ MCU took a dump.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well now before my friend could go pick it up they called and said forget it still throwing a SH_37 and locking in gears in a no start no run situation on first test ride.
So now they have had it over a month and they have not really accomplished nothing at all except order and plug in a MCU that wasn't the issue.

This is really got me worried because as much as I wanted to get YES warranty I somehow let the last day of six months go by. I was kinda expecting to hear from dealer/Yamaha or somebody about it like they did from another dealer I bought my Wolverine from. I got 3 personal calls from dealer on it. Every week Yamaha was sending me notices in the mail. Didn't get any of that. Was one day late when I realized and the option to buy it was no longer.
This is really messed up and thinking about just selling it now before something does happen. I mean if my buddy didn't have YES the bill would be $3000 already and still nothing any different than when dropped off a month ago.
Really worried. Just that it has ZERO limp mode and can leave you totally stranded with only 300 miles on it then a month in the shop and nothing has changed makes me want to get rid of it now while it is running perfect.
How would you even recover the broken down vehicle is the biggest question. No tow truck is going where we go that is for certain. Never mind the walk out and then hope you can even find it again if running without the GPS..

·
Registered
90 Posts
If I was as worried as you I would sell it and never buy another one;) Maybe take it to a dealer who has experience on working on what you have would be a good place to start.Mechanical things break, new or old, in the sxs world I think the Yxz is the most reliable made.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They did get it fixed. 5 weeks and $3300 MCU, Shift actuator and labor.

3 months old and 300 miles. Ooch. He had YES so was free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought they replaced the mcu and it still did it? Was it only the shift actuator then?

Also, did the power steering light ever come on by some chance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's what I was thinking.

I have the same problem but the power steering light comes on first before going out weirdly enough. And go figure now I am just outside of warranty..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good replacement fuel pump? I was looking for an AEM equivalent but I don't see any that say itd fit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts