Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
yamaha torque assist vs 2019 reduction in 1st gear is a difference of 2.4:1 for 2019 from 2.06:1 2016 and 2.62 for the yamaha torque assist gears now just calculating the middle gears to see the difference but need numbers. this is just the 1st gear calculations not total.
I have a spreadsheet that auto calcs mph with the different gearing and tires. I have the 16-18, 19 and 19 gytr reduction ratios. Pretty sure the TW 30% is the same as the '19 GYTR kit. Not sure how to upload it.
yxzgearing.jpeg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thanks for that information. that's awsome. anyway you could put 27" tires on the 2019 gearing calculator to see how the speeds would compare with the GYTR kit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was trying to find information on if you can install the gearing from the 2019 yxz in the 2016 yxz 1000R with 3 pedals? Has anyone done this and if yes does it work well? I would love to gear mine down.
Thanks for any info.
I just finished installing the gears in my 16. I also upgraded clutch while there. All you need is the clutch basket gasket an the gear sets. They fit in the existing case. Will be finishing tranny install in a couple days when i get time. Excited to see the improvements!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I just finished installing the gears in my 16. I also upgraded clutch while there. All you need is the clutch basket gasket an the gear sets. They fit in the existing case. Will be finishing tranny install in a couple days when i get time. Excited to see the improvements!
Let me know what you think. if its worth it or should go to a lower gearing.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts