Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
So I have some lessons learned for the next person who will be installing the GYTR turbo kit.
One of the things I did to ensure I didn't end up with a bunch of "extra nuts/bolts" I used and labeled Ziploc bags for the different components and sections.
1. Oil supply AN to metric fitting-Go and buy the after market fitting
Be sure to use Teflon tape and high temp thread sealant on this fitting.
2. Intake manifold boots are tough to get to mini ratchet that takes a hex head screw bit. This will be a life saver.
3. Oil return line to timing cover. Use Teflon tape and high temp thread sealant.
4. Be sure to introduce oil into the turbo prior to installing the hoses.
5. When filling coolant into the inter cooler system. Leave bleeder valve on the inter cooler radiator open to get as much air out as possible.

I will be making PDF copies of the Yamaha install manual for others to review. I found the install manual pretty thorough and easy to follow. All the parts are numbered and manual references those numbers.
Thank you gents for the feedback as you made my install that much easier.

YXZ is running like a champ and is wicked to drive.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So I have some lessons learned for the next person who will be installing the GYTR turbo kit.
One of the things I did to ensure I didn't end up with a bunch of "extra nuts/bolts" I used and labeled Ziploc bags for the different components and sections.
2. Intake manifold boots are tough to get to mini ratchet that takes a hex head screw bit. This will be a life saver.
3. Oil return line to timing cover. Use Teflon tape and high temp thread sealant.
5. When filling coolant into the inter cooler system. Leave bleeder valve on the inter cooler radiator open to get as much air out as possible.

I will be making PDF copies of the Yamaha install manual for others to review. I found the install manual pretty thorough and easy to follow. All the parts are numbered and manual references those numbers.

Thank you for the info, my kit arrives next week so this is much appreciated!

·
Registered
124 Posts

Howdy Wayxz, I just got my GYTR kit today. I ordered the fitting like a bunch of you recommended. I was surprised that my kit showed up with a steel fitting? Is that the one you guys are breaking? The steel fitting in the kit seams stronger than the Vibrant fitting I ordered. Just thought I would check

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Howdy Wayxz, I just got my GYTR kit today. I ordered the fitting like a bunch of you recommended. I was surprised that my kit showed up with a steel fitting? Is that the one you guys are breaking? The steel fitting in the kit seams stronger than the Vibrant fitting I ordered. Just thought I would check
I have attached some pictures of my broken fitting and the new one with sizes for reference. The fitting goes next to the intake manifold for the turbo oil supply line.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thank you WAYXZ for the reply. You didn't say if your OEM was steel but my OEM looks the same so I'm guessing so. I was just surprised the steel fitting broke. I purchased the replacement that was recommended from Summit so I will just use that. Thank you, I can't wait to get mine finished!

I have attached some pictures of my broken fitting and the new one with sizes for reference. The fitting goes next to the intake manifold for the turbo oil supply line.
View attachment 114349 View attachment 114350 View attachment 114351

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
OEM is Chinesium "steel" I barely got the wrench on and it twisted right in half. They new one seems to be an aluminum alloy piece. Teflon tape and high temp sealant and no leaks yet. Gonna go for ride to the dunes this weekend so I will run it through the paces.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You are lucky you can go to dunes in summer!! Glamis is out of the question for us So Cal duners right now

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
A small issue this weekend while riding, The check engine light was coming on at 9-10K RPM but would turn off when I let off. I checked the fluids and all was fine. I then noticed that my temperature was creeping up to 200 degrees. The fans turn on at 176 +/- so I went to check on the fans and found only one of the fans was working. i checked the fuses and connectors, all was good, I swapped the fan plugs back and forth and was able to make the other fan work but only one at a time. I am going to see if there is a relay or possibly a loose connection somewhere. Other than that the YXZ is is a beast with the turbo.

·
Registered
124 Posts
A small issue this weekend while riding, The check engine light was coming on at 9-10K RPM but would turn off when I let off. I checked the fluids and all was fine. I then noticed that my temperature was creeping up to 200 degrees. The fans turn on at 176 +/- so I went to check on the fans and found only one of the fans was working. i checked the fuses and connectors, all was good, I swapped the fan plugs back and forth and was able to make the other fan work but only one at a time. I am going to see if there is a relay or possibly a loose connection somewhere. Other than that the YXZ is is a beast with the turbo.
Glad you had a good run. Another user posted only one fan comes on at a time and the second comes on near overheat. Did you lower temp for both fans? Your 200 degrees sounds fine, we run 205-210 quite often on our 19.

·
Registered
47 Posts
B5H-E46F0-V0-00
B5H-E46F0-T0-00

Anybody know the difference between the two kits? One superseded the other.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 19 and up, yxz engines have the Turbo 225 hp rated con rods already installed.
16-18 Turbo kits came with new con rods.
Not sure of any other differences other than those already posted.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts