Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can someone that has a 2019 kit post up some pictures of the aluminum intake plenum? Trying to see if my 16 kit will work on a 19.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I have some lessons learned for the next person who will be installing the GYTR turbo kit.
One of the things I did to ensure I didn't end up with a bunch of "extra nuts/bolts" I used and labeled Ziploc bags for the different components and sections.
1. Oil supply AN to metric fitting-Go and buy the after market fitting
Be sure to use Teflon tape and high temp thread sealant on this fitting.
2. Intake manifold boots are tough to get to mini ratchet that takes a hex head screw bit. This will be a life saver.
3. Oil return line to timing cover. Use Teflon tape and high temp thread sealant.
4. Be sure to introduce oil into the turbo prior to installing the hoses.
5. When filling coolant into the inter cooler system. Leave bleeder valve on the inter cooler radiator open to get as much air out as possible.

I will be making PDF copies of the Yamaha install manual for others to review. I found the install manual pretty thorough and easy to follow. All the parts are numbered and manual references those numbers.
Thank you gents for the feedback as you made my install that much easier.

YXZ is running like a champ and is wicked to drive.
idont suppose you a copy of this install manual.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Thank you! Can I ask one more favor and a picture of the water/air intercooler? Supposedly the mounting points on that are different as well.
Sorry bout the delay, but I haven't been on much lately. If you still need/want some pics of the intercooler I post some up tomorrow for ya, anything you need in specific. It defiantly mounts up differently than the gen 1 units. I'll catch you tomorrow with some pics.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I did the install myself and felt that the instructions were good. I replaced the plastic tee fitting with a brass barbed tee fitting with hose clamps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry bout the delay, but I haven't been on much lately. If you still need/want some pics of the intercooler I post some up tomorrow for ya, anything you need in specific. It defiantly mounts up differently than the gen 1 units. I'll catch you tomorrow with some pics.
Thanks! I plan on taking my gen 1 intercooler to my local fab guy and having him re-weld the mounting bracket into the correct location. So any pics of where the bracket mounts on the gen2 intercooler and/or some measurements to get it in the right spot would be awesome! Thank you!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey guys, I’m finishing up the GYTR installation on my 19, and have a couple questions.
I ditched the air injection a while back. What do I do with the line that supposed to run to it? Can I just cap the tee, or should I reinstall the air injection?

Also I have a Trinity full system, and the silencer is different than the slip on silencer. So it appears as though I will have to buy a slip on, and sell the full system. Has anyone ran into this? I was hoping I could reuse my silencer and just sell my header but it appears that’s not the case .

I was planning on sending the GYTR ECU to Alba for a flash. Do any of you guys have the stage 2 flash, and if so, how do you like it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey guys, I’m finishing up the GYTR installation on my 19, and have a couple questions.
I ditched the air injection a while back. What do I do with the line that supposed to run to it? Can I just cap the tee, or should I reinstall the air injection?

Also I have a Trinity full system, and the silencer is different than the slip on silencer. So it appears as though I will have to buy a slip on, and sell the full system. Has anyone ran into this? I was hoping I could reuse my silencer and just sell my header but it appears that’s not the case .

I was planning on sending the GYTR ECU to Alba for a flash. Do any of you guys have the stage 2 flash, and if so, how do you like it?
For the T, I just didn't install the T and ran the line all the way to the intake pipe, but yes, you could just cap the T.

Yes you will have to buy the slip on and sell the full system. I ran into the same issue. Trinity will sell you the missing pipe you need, however, they want $220 for it. So you are better off selling the full and buying a slip on.

Definitely grab Alba's stage 2 flash. Works awesome.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the ALBA tune with trinity slip on. Its a must have with the GYTR turbo. I noticed lots of bottom end improvement when the turbo is not building boost. Also lots of top end gains.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

I too ran into the same scenario with the Alba full race exhaust. I basically put that into a box and ordered a Trinity slip on for the GYTR set up. Alba provided my stage 2 tune and it is great. One thing that a few others have experienced is that after flashing the ECU only (1) of the radiator fans turn on. I do not know if that has been resolved yet but I just jumped mine so that both fans turn on at the same time. As for the tee. I think I connected mine. I will have to check

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks guys! I talked to Nate, and they send a jumper to address the fan issue. I just ordered the slip on, and sending the ECU today. I can’t wait to fire this bad daddy up. I still have to install the Donaldson, and a few little things.
Also I’m very impressed with the quality of the GYTR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone happen to know where someone could get the black silicone hoses in the photo that are attached to the inter cooler on one side and charge air on turbo side. Local Yamaha can't figure it out. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Does anyone happen to know where someone could get the black silicone hoses in the photo that are attached to the inter cooler on one side and charge air on turbo side. Local Yamaha can't figure it out. Any help is much appreciated.
Try CBR radiator, top menu click on silicon hoses.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same problem only one fan comes on with the Alba stage 2 kit, does any body have a pic of the jumper wire to make both fans work?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

I jumped mine at the relay. In these pictures you will see the two wires marked with the blue pen mark.

Yellow/Red cut and spliced in yellow/white

Sounds like Abla has a jumper for this as well.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts