Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 GYTR turbo throttle stuck wide-open. I downshifted shut it down unplug the ECu and Battery. It would not start back up. Several hours to retrieve the machine. Thoroughly washed it it started throttle still sticking and after a Couple starts worked it’s way loose. Now it has a mild backfire/miss through the air cleaner assembly. 600 miles on it turbo was installed brand new at dealer with 12 miles on it. When this unit gets wet it affects the running of it and creates a small miss @ 4 to 5K RPMs. Under acceleration it runs awesome. Maintaining a constant speed I hear and feel the miss. To clarify wet I’m talking mud puddles not mud holes not submerging it ,the water has never even been to the floorboards. Wide-open throttle to a quick stop it occasionally stalls. I love the performance of the machine but the reliability of This Yamaha a YXZ it’s already becoming a problem for me. I’m sure if someone out there has had similar problems if you could please point me in the right direction to solve mine I would greatly appreciate it. It’s tough for the dealer to duplicate these problems so they were able to fix them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I got mine in the wet once and it did about the same thing. I drained my oil and fuel, changed oil, air filters and spark plugs. That fixed the problem. I would check the spring on your throttle pedal also and make sure it’s in good shape. Might have had something stuck in your cable. Unfortunately I understand your thoughts very well. I had the dealer install a turbo on my 16 with a 4 yr warranty. The bolts where the turbo mounts to the header came loose and it sand blasted the motor. Yamaha denied warranty because the turbo caused the problem and said the turbo only had a 1yr warranty. Since it caused the motor failure the extended yes warranty wouldn’t cover it. I just picked my Yxz up in approx 400 pieces from the dealer.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts