Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought a 2019 blue SS SE and noticed the white version had some front mount pod lights under the hood. The blue has the brackets on the frame, just not the lights. Went to see how much these lights were and they're $250! NOOO thank you there. I'm wondering if any of you have found an alternative light that would fit in there but not that costly? I've come across some on eBay that may work but wanted to ask first, thanks.

s-l500.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
62120332_518345262035926_4542871940741726208_n.jpg

I went ahead and ordered THESE to see if I could get them to work and with a little grinding on them, they went in pretty smooth. I still need some more wire to properly run them but this is the mock-up of one on...

61654477_363736537602760_3788875549867245568_n.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
I disconnected those lights and added these.
Maybe I will remove those stock ones and sell em to you.

View attachment 113402
I just bought the '19 White SS SE. Won't pick it up for a couple weeks. I assume the 5w factory pods are just for looks or do they throw any usable light? Are they controlled by a separate switch or just the high beams.

Thanks for any info. Yamaha's website sucks and I've bugged my sales guy enough for a while.

·
Registered
36 Posts
They are the only lights that actually throw any distance. Yes they are switched to the high beams. Without them on I hardly see anything

·
Registered
101 Posts
They are the only lights that actually throw any distance. Yes they are switched to the high beams. Without them on I hardly see anything
Yep. I couldn’t imagine how bad it would be without them. I added some additional pods, and now the lighting is at least decent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried some small lights off Amazon and the results were ok... but I wanted better so I ordered a set of 10w pod lights and some factory style connections soldered them together and they work great! Fit in just like the factory lights and I have made some for fellow local riders the end up costing about $100 a set, great investment and they are completely out of harms way.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I tried some small lights off Amazon and the results were ok... but I wanted better so I ordered a set of 10w pod lights and some factory style connections soldered them together and they work great! Fit in just like the factory lights and I have made some for fellow local riders the end up costing about $100 a set, great investment and they are completely out of harms way.
View attachment 114925 View attachment 114926
I have two similar to these made by Rigid. I mounted them on the stock windshield hardware where rear view mirrors can be bolted on. They stick out a bit, bot not as far as the mirrors.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Can anyone with the pod lights tell me if they are powered by the third wiring plug that comes out of the headlight harness. There's three plug connectors on mine, the blue SE, two of the plugs go to the headlights and the third one is unused, is this for the pod lights? Does anyone have any info on what type of plug ends Yamaha uses or if there available to buy, I just don't see any part numbers from Yamaha for the plug ends. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, they are powered by the blocked off plug that goes to the headlights. You just pop off the capped end and plug in the connections. Not sure of the brand but you can buy them on several off road sites. I got them from RM stator it cost $15 for a connector set. If your interested I have a couple of sets of pods left I built for myself and some fellow local riders.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Thanks for the wiring info and the plug description. Thanks for the offer on the lights, but I plan to cut off the OEM tabs and run a six inch Rigid light bar in the space.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yes, they are powered by the blocked off plug that goes to the headlights. You just pop off the capped end and plug in the connections. Not sure of the brand but you can buy them on several off road sites. I got them from RM stator it cost $15 for a connector set. If your interested I have a couple of sets of pods left I built for myself and some fellow local riders.
Do you happen to have the part number for the connector set from RM Stator?
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you happen to have the part number for the connector set from RM Stator?
Thanks
I don’t know anymore, can’t find it. I’ve been making lights for people so I ordered a large bundle of connectors if you can’t find it I could help you out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm about to mount a couple rough country 3x2 inch "cubes" on either side of my curved 30" light bar, trying to get a really wide spread of light. These things are nice, super beefy and bright, comes with a nice cable and hardware too for 160. I think I'm just gonna splice them into the light bar cable up at the roof so I dont have to worry about cable routing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts