Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm brand new to this forum.
I currently have a 2018 RZR XP Turbo that has a ton of upgrades done to it.
My wife and I love to ride ATVs/UTVs.

I am currently in the process of buying a 2019 YXZ for myself and giving the RZR to my wife. We both love the RZR but we fight over who's turn it is to drive as well as what upgrades are done to it, so I figured it was time to get my own.

Anyway, I really like the looks of the 2019 stock cage but feel Yamaha should of added a intrusion bar to the stock cage. I currently cant afford a aftermarket cage but would like to add an intrusion bar to the stock cage. Does anyone sell such a piece that could be easily welded on? Would prefer a single tube down the center not the /\.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but I am rebuilding my stock 19 cage now. I know everyone says the stock cage is junk and will think I'm foolish for building on it but I don't care, Adding a structure of .120 tubing to the stock cage that wraps over drive and passenger will protect me in a good crash. Once I total the stock cage I will build another. So I am building this right now and have no doubt it will protect me if needed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone know the stock cage wall thickness? Seems like .080 or so and improved on the 16-18 cages from a design/gusset perspective. Has anyone squashed a 19 cage?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Does anyone know the stock cage wall thickness? Seems like .080 or so and improved on the 16-18 cages from a design/gusset perspective. Has anyone squashed a 19 cage?
I've saw several on FB trashed. Even one that had all the cross tubes replaced and welded in but was better than stock. They are only designed for a slow single roll over. I could pickup my whole '19 cage with 1 finger.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but I am rebuilding my stock 19 cage now. I know everyone says the stock cage is junk and will think I'm foolish for building on it but I don't care, Adding a structure of .120 tubing to the stock cage that wraps over drive and passenger will protect me in a good crash. Once I total the stock cage I will build another. So I am building this right now and have no doubt it will protect me if needed.

View attachment 114184

View attachment 114185
No flaming from me.
I like your ideas.
If you need a good color matching paint - try the PJ1 paint.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'm not sure what the tube thickness is but yes I saw a 19 SS/SE white one at a salvage auction three weeks ago that was completely flat to the doors, kinda made my stomach roll. I don't know how it happened but I know the outcome wasn't good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts