Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can carnivore 30 x 10 x 14 fit on both front and back factory rims with out affecting offsets?

Or do you need to change all 4 rims to match front and back at 10"?

Appreciate the input?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have run 28-10-14 carnivores on 2019 factory rims. I couldn’t be happier
Over 1200 kms with this set up now
I just run a couple pounds higher pressure in the back to make up for spreading out the tire a bit

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can carnivore 30 x 10 x 14 fit on both front and back factory rims with out affecting offsets?

Or do you need to change all 4 rims to match front and back at 10"?

Appreciate the input?
I just put carnivores on my 2019 yxz. 30x10-14 all around. Going riding this weekend to try them out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just put carnivores on my 2019 yxz. 30x10-14 all around. Going riding this weekend to try them out.
They were impressive. Went 55 miles on trails and mud, made it up some hills in 2x4 that required 4x4 with the bighorns. Also the hills I needed 4x4 on, it just gripped and ate, not really any spinning at all. Overall it handled better than I expected and didn’t lose any power/speed that I noticed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do the carnivores have good side walls strength? I put a hole. In my stock wheeels first time out into some serious rocky trails.. thinking doing the 30x10x14 carnivores but afraid they aren’t any stouter than the stock tires. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Vadgru,

Slashing a side wall is just bad luck....BH are a solid tire. I’ve put both my machines with stock BH and both have held up amazing thru punishing rocky trails. The BH on yxz held end to HM large rocky trails for a week this year without fail. I just put on system 3 xtr370....so far love them

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess I’m just thinking do I buy a BH replacement or buy new set. My dealer wants 250 for rear tire BH replacement.. seemed steep

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think they do and they are 8ply. But slashing a side wall or getting a hole is just bad luck. I don’t think there are any tires that are rock and puncture proof, it’s all about the angles and how fast you hit them. I liked the BH’s too but these carnivores eat and I’ve been plenty of places in 2 wheel that required 4x4 with the BH’s.
Do the carnivores have good side walls strength? I put a hole. In my stock wheeels first time out into some serious rocky trails.. thinking doing the 30x10x14 carnivores but afraid they aren’t any stouter than the stock tires. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can I use a 30 inch spare on the stock machine that has 29 inch all the way around? Will it screw up the diff if on the rear?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts