Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 SS I just put a 2019 gear reduction kit in the transmission with a new clutch. Well, i finished installed the tranny and ran in neutral for 3 mins then put in drive. It immediately lunged forward and died and stays in 1st. Not sure if i put it back together correctly or if something else is going on. The MCU has also been flashed for the gear reduction.

· Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,180 Posts
What clutch did you use? Did you put the little ball on the push rod from the clutch slave cylinder? You may need to have the clutch recalibrated.

Reactions: WWARt

· Registered
117 Posts
I put the heavy duty clutch in mine when I changed it and it is for sure a little stickier than it was with the OE clutch. I have dirt bikes and fourwheelers like that too.

look at the parts diagram and make sure you have the clutch rod and ball right. as stated. I do not know how the clutch exactly works on an SS, but I assume you had to unhook something to get the tranny out. Check that connection?

· Registered
117 Posts
Did you mark the shift actuator before removal? Like I marked the shifter on mine so that it was back in the same place. Same with the driveshaft.

Done with Yamaha cuz an install did not go quite right?

Reactions: Rider414

· Registered
4 Posts
Curry53 is right in track. I only have 10500 Turbo miles on my 17 SS and I have had to replace the clutch 1 time. WTH? As soon as the POS breaks I am also done with Yamaha. My clutch is an Alba and it also is a grabber until it is warmed up. Wait, that might be a good thing. Shit, now what do I do. I can't wait to get back to burned up belts every 2K.

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Curry53 is right in track. I only have 10500 Turbo miles on my 17 SS and I have had to replace the clutch 1 time. WTH? As soon as the POS breaks I am also done with Yamaha. My clutch is an Alba and it also is a grabber until it is warmed up. Wait, that might be a good thing. Shit, now what do I do. I can't wait to get back to burned up belts every 2K.
Is 10500 miles correct? If so, are you really complaining??

Reactions: YumaYXZ

· Registered
117 Posts
sarcasm to the OP point that the clutch is a major issue with the YXZs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts