Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to find this problem anywhere on the forum so I thought I'd throw it out there. We were on the dunes this past week and when winding up in first I clicked the shifter for second gear and it seem like it missed. The indicator displayed first still so I backed off the gas and hit the paddle again. It shifted but it seemed to "bang in there". Now there is a loud clacking in 1st gear that speeds up with acceleration and slows on deceleration. It does not make this noise in reverse or 2nd through 5th gears. It also seems to have no impact on performance (for now) if I get on it in first, it goes with no issue but it's loud. So I drove it back to the staging area short shifting first gear and it remained on the trailer while I rode my back up machine the rest of the trip.

I added the GYTR turbo to it several weeks ago but it has missed a shift from first to second a time or two before that while it was stock but never this slam home re-shift.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Your first gear is probably shot, ive destroyed 1st & 2nd twice now along with the fork from my SS doing the same "missing shift" type thing. Click the paddle and it revs out then explodes into gear and breaks stuff. Mines also done the same and stayed in first. Its like they do miss a gear somehow1

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts