Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has done there own first service (20 hour) and would be kind enough to list there oils (front and rear dif, engine and transmision , and air filter) and oil filter part numbers.

·
Administrator
3,621 Posts
Oil filter - 5gh-13440-50 (might be superceded by a -60 now).

Engine oil - Yamalube 10-30 to 20-50 dependent on your conditions.

Trans - Yamalube 10-40 or 20-50

Front and rear diff - Yamalube 80-90

Air filter - clean and oil

Secondary air filter - I replace once a year

Also many many other opinions on the oil to use. The search button will keep you reading for a while, it will also run you across the answers to all your original questions.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So I read the 2019 manual and saw a Youtube video for a 2016 model oil change. Not sure I've worked on an engine before with an oil tank. I'm guessing the YXZ has no sump or a small one for ground clearance?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
So I read the 2019 manual and saw a Youtube video for a 2016 model oil change. Not sure I've worked on an engine before with an oil tank. I'm guessing the YXZ has no sump or a small one for ground clearance?
The YXZ is a dry sump engine, not so much of a ground clearance issue but a high performance, high reving engine thing.
Be careful removing the oil tank drain plug, these OEM tanks are thin and prone to bending the tank at the plug if you don't support your ratchet at the head or socket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts