Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have a 2019, 30" fits fine. I have been running EFX Motovators for over a year, no issues. If you put 4.3 offset wheels you could go to a small 32" like Sedona Rockabillies or 31" STI Chicanes.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a 2019, 30" fits fine. I have been running EFX Motovators for over a year, no issues. If you put 4.3 offset wheels you could go to a small 32" like Sedona Rockabillies or 31" STI Chicanes.
rsessions, I have a 19 with Long Travel. I'm mostly dunes but want a better tire for trail riding. Mostly dirt/mud/snow. Not a ton of rocks. I found the STI chicanes in 30 and 32 on rocky mountain, do they make a 31 also? Which tire is your favorite? Thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
rsessions, I have a 19 with Long Travel. I'm mostly dunes but want a better tire for trail riding. Mostly dirt/mud/snow. Not a ton of rocks. I found the STI chicanes in 30 and 32 on rocky mountain, do they make a 31 also? Which tire is your favorite? Thanks
STI does make a 31" Chicane, at least they used to. I have owned lots of tires over the last 5 years, I did like the Chicane a lot. I currently have the Maxxis Rampage, 30's. Just mounted them, they are a light tire 32 lbs and look very rugged. My only question is how will they last. The most durable tire I have owned is the EFX Motorvator. These tires are steel belted, and will last for thousands of miles. I put 4K miles on mine, and they still had another 1500 in them. The only reason I changed, is they are heavy tires. 30's weigh in at 45 lbs. If you cannot located a 31" Chicane, go with a 30 or 32 if you have the 3.5 X 3.5 offset wheel or the 4 X 3 offset. I think I am really going to like these Maxxis Rampage, the reviews have been really good and the are light-weight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Was them Motovators around $2000. I was looking at them on the yamaha site I was hoping they would go on sale or something lol

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Was them Motovators around $2000. I was looking at them on the yamaha site I was hoping they would go on sale or something lol
The Motovators are more expensive, but if you don't mind a heavier tire they will last and last for you. I just returned from a 3 day trip to S. Utah and these new Maxxis Rampage tires are great as well. Less expensive and handle great.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The Motovators are more expensive, but if you don't mind a heavier tire they will last and last for you. I just returned from a 3 day trip to S. Utah and these new Maxxis Rampage tires are great as well. Less expensive and handle great.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts