Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone got any info on the 2020 YXZ that's coming? I've been beating the bushes and can't find a thing, we're looking August in the face and I've not even herd of any crazy info. These should be hitting the shops in Sept., correct ? Hell it seems the new YXZ has been better concealed than the new 20 mid engine Vette. I got to get a new three pedal for a turbo build and the 19 SE's are getting thin, I'll grab a great priced 19 if there are no substantial upgrades and mods to the 20's, but time is getting short. If any of you guys have a inside source that has left anything out, please share what you know.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No intel here, just making conversation, but does anyone really think they will make big changes after all the changes they did in 19? Seems these companies sit on big changes a few years till they change again. A factory turbo wouldn't surprise me but any other changes sure would. Course I'm slightly hoping not since I have a '19 in the garage!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've had conversations with the service side. If they know anything, they're not saying, other than they expect no changes to the front diff.

I asked for a low range that would retrofit to the previous models.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No intel here, just making conversation, but does anyone really think they will make big changes after all the changes they did in 19? Seems these companies sit on big changes a few years till they change again. A factory turbo wouldn't surprise me but any other changes sure would. Course I'm slightly hoping not since I have a '19 in the garage!
I tend to agree with you about the major changes in 19 and running with them for at least two years. Also as you said, I would not be surprised with a turbo model either.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had conversations with the service side. If they know anything, they're not saying, other than they expect no changes to the front diff.

I asked for a low range that would retrofit to the previous models.
I was hopping you would chime in Dan, knowing you work at a dealer. So nothing in the winds of anything, huh. Do you know when the 20's will be in the shops? Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was hopping you would chime in Dan, knowing you work at a dealer. So nothing in the winds of anything, huh. Do you know when the 20's will be in the shops? Thanks!
A 2020 factory turbo model is very likely. But that's nothing special, other than they can't call it a "1000" due to the laws. Look for a YXZ Turbo, no numbers...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would honestly be surprised if they did a factory YXZ turbo model... Yamaha is just getting left in the dust right now in the SXS game. Even with some of the new manufactures coming to the plate, and Kawi dropping a new car in October, Yamaha is dumb to not do a full revamp on the YXZ for 2020. They are going to lose out on a ton of sales because of the new Honda, Polaris dropping the new Pro XP, can am rolling out 195HP cars, etc. they are so far behind the curve right now, unless they drop a car with 200+ Hp, shiftable, revamped suspension, more seating capacity, better styling etc, I don’t see them keeping up with the rest of the pack... YXZ leads in Lucas oil, but how many people are buying YXZ’s to specifically go race track?

I love my YXZ, but with my kids getting older, I think I might be looking for a 4 seat Turbo S... hate to say it, but I need 4-5 seats, more power would be great and all the suspension would just top it off... I can’t afford to drop 10k for a tubeworks 4 seat kit, plus long travel, plus a turbo.... a new car is much more feasible...

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I will agree on the need more HP out of the box without dropping another 10K at least.
I saw the new RZR Pro XP, 1800 LBS. 181 HP, 18" in front, 20" in rear. I personally don't like the looks of it, seems to run good, but with these new units making more and more HP , the belts will just not take it, they have to do something. Who wants to change out a 200 dollar belt every time you go out for the weekend?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I doubt Yamaha had those kinds of sxs's planned use for the YXZ. If you wanted a sxs for anything other than Pure driving enjoyment the Yamaha is not a good choice. I built off their platform and there still isn't anything out there l would trade for, I can have fun on any sxs I just prefer shifting and hauling ass still. (not directed at anyone)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I would honestly be surprised if they did a factory YXZ turbo model... Yamaha is just getting left in the dust right now in the SXS game. Even with some of the new manufactures coming to the plate, and Kawi dropping a new car in October, Yamaha is dumb to not do a full revamp on the YXZ for 2020. They are going to lose out on a ton of sales because of the new Honda, Polaris dropping the new Pro XP, can am rolling out 195HP cars, etc. they are so far behind the curve right now, unless they drop a car with 200+ Hp, shiftable, revamped suspension, more seating capacity, better styling etc, I don’t see them keeping up with the rest of the pack... YXZ leads in Lucas oil, but how many people are buying YXZ’s to specifically go race track?

I love my YXZ, but with my kids getting older, I think I might be looking for a 4 seat Turbo S... hate to say it, but I need 4-5 seats, more power would be great and all the suspension would just top it off... I can’t afford to drop 10k for a tubeworks 4 seat kit, plus long travel, plus a turbo.... a new car is much more feasible...
I have the 2019 SS 2300 miles, would not look at these other more updated cars. This is going to happen every year someone is going to come out with a new model. The new XP Pro is going to cost you megabucks, and it is the same engine that they have had in their older turbos with some added top-end work. The quality is still going to be an issue. The Honda has a smaller cab and no top-end. Can Am X3 the visibility is a BIG issue. You can go on and on about these different manufacturers. If you need more seats, then the Yamaha X4 is a big seller here in Utah. The Teryx T4 is also a good choice if you are on a budget. The other 4 seaters are very BIG, The X3 Max is longer than a Chev Suburban, the other 4 seaters struggle in tight quarters and very tight in the back seating.

So far, I have only seen two Talon's out on the trails, and one of them was a rental. Back in early June, we had the sand drags out at Sand Mountain (Nephi). The fastest SXS's in the world were at this event. Not a single X3 was even competing, and the YXZ took it all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the 2019 SS 2300 miles, would not look at these other more updated cars. This is going to happen every year someone is going to come out with a new model. The new XP Pro is going to cost you megabucks, and it is the same engine that they have had in their older turbos with some added top-end work. The quality is still going to be an issue. The Honda has a smaller cab and no top-end. Can Am X3 the visibility is a BIG issue. You can go on and on about these different manufacturers. If you need more seats, then the Yamaha X4 is a big seller here in Utah. The Teryx T4 is also a good choice if you are on a budget. The other 4 seaters are very BIG, The X3 Max is longer than a Chev Suburban, the other 4 seaters struggle in tight quarters and very tight in the back seating.

So far, I have only seen two Talon's out on the trails, and one of them was a rental. Back in early June, we had the sand drags out at Sand Mountain (Nephi). The fastest SXS's in the world were at this event. Not a single X3 was even competing, and the YXZ took it all.
So true and you left out that Yamaha is the only Shifter with a triple. The Talon is nice but if you have owned a twin and a triple you know the difference!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I sure hope there is something coming. I too am in the same boat as the original poster. Could pickup a 19 for cheap, but have been holding out for a sneak at the 2020. Factory turbo and hoping for some better suspension. Coming from a x3, I know I will be hard to impress, just crossing fingers over here. I have been told by several different people that a factory turbo car is coming! A factory long travel car would be the icing on the cake however!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cant believe how kept secret this is. Cant find any leaks or any for sure info anywhere. Wife and I are hoping for at least a 4 seater to go along with our growing family.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cant believe how kept secret this is. Cant find any leaks or any for sure info anywhere. Wife and I are hoping for at least a 4 seater to go along with our growing family.
I look morning & night for updates, I would think we would hear some sort of teaser or release this month & unveil early September or possibly at the Super Sand Sport Show in September!

1 - 20 of 176 Posts