Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
For those who did not see the actual Dealer presentation regarding yesterday's 2020 lineup, Yamaha has pre-announced a major dealer event for next June -- a new product that is supposed to "stir-up" the industry. It is out of character for Yamaha to make such an announcement -- so it will be interesting to see what is coming.

My other thoughts are that I don't know what everyone was expecting yesterday, but the 2019 YXZ was the major upgrade for the YXZ. I was not expecting anything other than what happened. Unless you are a dune guy, a Turbo is a non-event IMO. The YXZ has plenty of HP to do what you want in most cases. These Turbo's don't spin-up until well-into the power curve. In the rocks and slow stuff, I rarely go over 4K rpm. I have been to Moab 3 times with my 2019, never go past 3 or 4K rpm except in some of the high speed desert trails and public streets-- but not in the rocks. The gearing is great, I don't understand all this 70/30 talk. I put 9000 miles on my 2016 with 70/30/15 and I don't miss it at all. The 2019 gearing is much better balanced, and it is faster. I have found with some seat-time even the really slow going terrain is no problem. I have gone straight up the face on Steel Bender (Moab) with no issues (it is nasty for sure). The 2019 SS logic is the bridge between the 70/30 and the new 2019 gearing. The blown budget guys did a great review of the 2019 YXZ for east coast riding. The link is below.

I could not be happier with my 2019 YXZ SS SE, I have just under 3K miles on this thing and running very strong. I currently have it torn down to change the fluids and to perform a detailed inspections for every subsystem that I can see. It all still looks new. I looked at the filter trap on the transmission, and clean as a whistle. As far as quality is concerned, our local Yamaha dealer is also a Polaris dealer -- all the techs in the shop love their Polaris side of the business because it gives them job security -- they are always fixing them!

I am looking for Yamaha to be the leader in the segment that they should be. I have a wife and 2 kids id much like to ride with in a single car. The wolverine X4 is not an option. Looking for a high performance 4 seat machine made by Yamaha. There is nothing wrong with the yxz it is a great machine and does all the things you stated very well. Simple fact is Yamaha doesn't make a 4 seat variant, a long travel variant, or a factory turbo variant. Massive market for each of those. I go to the sand dunes and practically all i see are 4 seat cars, not sure why yamaha is still twiddling there thumbs about it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for Yamaha to be the leader in the segment that they should be. I have a wife and 2 kids id much like to ride with in a single car. The wolverine X4 is not an option. Looking for a high performance 4 seat machine made by Yamaha. There is nothing wrong with the yxz it is a great machine and does all the things you stated very well. Simple fact is Yamaha doesn't make a 4 seat variant, a long travel variant, or a factory turbo variant. Massive market for each of those. I go to the sand dunes and practically all i see are 4 seat cars, not sure why yamaha is still twiddling there thumbs about it?
That is exactly what I also want. I love the yxz but I need a pure sport 4 seater option with a manual

·
Registered
249 Posts
That is exactly what I also want. I love the yxz but I need a pure sport 4 seater option with a manual
I would get a 4 seater and remove the back seats.
Last thing i want is more people in my car.
Ice chest, chairs, gas, etc would go there. Lower center of gravity than mounting crap up high.

Since we are all wishing ....
Hey Yamaha, build a bigger 2-seater!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Disappointing release. DANG! Would have bought one had there been a turbo and a price under 21k. I can buy an Ultimate for the same price. $24999

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Ha Ha. Yamaha did all the changes last year. It's a great machine as is. Maybe Kawasaki will actually be the hit this first year. I'm looking forward to it

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any advice is appreciated.

2019 ss se white x2 shocks blah blah blah otd 20k

2019 as se blue otd 17.1k

Roof/pod lights/x2 shocks/interior lighting/anything I'm missing worth the extra 3k?

·
Registered
249 Posts

Roof/pod lights/x2 shocks/interior lighting/anything I'm missing worth the extra 3k?
The shocks and roof are worthy.
Interior light is a joke.
Pod lights are -ok at best.

I have the white car and never driven any other YXZ's.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #173

Very good pricing, I'm a really big fan of the X2's but 17.1 is a killer deal right now for a 19 OTD. I wouldn't even take into consideration the roof & lighting because if you listen to the majority of us long enough the OEM cage will be behind the garage and you'll get a real cage. The pod lights on the front are nice, but you could do better for less. I guess it boils down to you wanting a paddle shift or the third pedal. Good luck!
I just looked again and you maybe have a type o , are they both SS/SE

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very good pricing, I'm a really big fan of the X2's but 17.1 is a killer deal right now for a 19 OTD. I wouldn't even take into consideration the roof & lighting because if you listen to the majority of us long enough the OEM cage will be behind the garage and you'll get a real cage. The pod lights on the front are nice, but you could do better for less. I guess it boils down to you wanting a paddle shift or the third pedal. Good luck!
I just looked again and you maybe have a type o , are they both SS/SE
Both SS se

But you know how the blue s s & s e doesn't have the pod lights roof interior lighting x2 shocks

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Both SS se

But you know how the blue s s & s e doesn't have the pod lights roof interior lighting x2 shocks
Yes I am aware of the difference between the blue one and the white one, but like I said the price on the blue one is really good if that's all fees and taxes included. I just picked up the blue unit today in a three pedal model and it was 19,125 total OTD tax paid. I've been looking and talking with several sales managers for about a month and I could only beat that price by less than two hundred bucks but it was over 100 miles more to travel, so you got me by two grand, pretty good deal. Don't wait to long, the 19's will go fast now that we know there's no substantial changes to the 2020 model. Like I said, I really like the X2's, I have them on my 17 SS/SE and would have liked to got them on the 19 but I really like the blue over the white and they probably won't be on long anyway because I plan to install a long travel kit with shocks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes I am aware of the difference between the blue one and the white one, but like I said the price on the blue one is really good if that's all fees and taxes included. I just picked up the blue unit today in a three pedal model and it was 19,125 total OTD tax paid. I've been looking and talking with several sales managers for about a month and I could only beat that price by less than two hundred bucks but it was over 100 miles more to travel, so you got me by two grand, pretty good deal. Don't wait to long, the 19's will go fast now that we know there's no substantial changes to the 2020 model. Like I said, I really like the X2's, I have them on my 17 SS/SE and would have liked to got them on the 19 but I really like the blue over the white and they probably won't be on long anyway because I plan to install a long travel kit with shocks.
Thanks!

161 - 176 of 176 Posts