Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hard to imagine that they would not use the 999cc YXZ engine, such a beast. Non-CVT automatic transmission, 108hp 2 and 4 seater -- is what is floating around. There has to be something different about it than the competition, otherwise why all the fuss? I went on the CA Clean Air Board website and could not find anything.
RMAX2/X4 is the name.

·
Registered
55 Posts
YXE10WPAMS (Wolverine RMAX2 EPS), YXE10WPAMW (Wolverine RMAX2 EPS), YXE10WPHMH (Wolverine RMAX2 EPS Hunting), YXE10WPLML (Wolverine RMAX2 EPS SE3,winch), YXE10WPSML (Wolverine RMAX2 EPS SE2), YXE10WPZMG (Wolverine RMAX2 EPS SE1,winch), YXF10WPAMS (Wolverine RMAX4 Std), YXF10WPHMH (Wolverine RMAX4 Hunting), YXF10WPLML (Wolverine RMAX4 SE2), YXF10WPZMG (Wolverine RMAX4 SE)

This is what I found on the EPA website. Using the 999cc engine with an automatic transmission. Looks like various versions of 2 and 4 seaters. To be released Sept. 3rd.
If it has similar dimensions as the YXZ it will should sell well.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The transmission is something new to the SXS world it sounds like, no belt automatic. It is not a sport shift or manual like the YXZ. Very cool that both a two and four seater coming this same release.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Probably similar to the Honda Rubicon or Rincon hydromatic in the ATV's from the past. Both of those worked great, I had them, but if it goes south with those trannys you might as well be rebuilding a 10-speed Ford truck transmission $$$.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Might be worthwhile to purchase extended warranty. Isn’t everything expensive to repair on these things.😀

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have
What's with all the belt talk? We don't need no sinking belt, low range maybe but no belt. Honda does just fine without a belt in the rocks. Can you imagine a SS with low range in the rocks? Now that would rock!
Have you seen the videos our 19 YXZ with the 2 speed gearbox h/l. Yes ur right it's an amazing machine with a low range. Search FB. Yxz 2 speed gearbox h/l ...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have

Have you seen the videos our 19 YXZ with the 2 speed gearbox h/l. Yes ur right it's an amazing machine with a low range. Search FB. Yxz 2 speed gearbox h/l ...
I'm interested. Anybody that keeps furthering the aftermarket on these buggies is a win in my book

I did the 70/30 gear redux, but now my state will let me street legal it, which I'm gonna do. So now the stock gearing seems perfect again.....if only it came with a 6 spd from the factory.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
I saw Carnivores.

Screenshot_20200820-184305.png

Reactions: YXZgramps

·
Registered
26 Posts
I see a Yamaha 'General', will likely be better than the PoPo General (yes, I know it's a Wolverine). but was hoping for a truly upgraded YXZ, additional gear or 2, or hi/lo transfer case, return of RC2 X2s, or live valve type suspension, a little more travel, maybe different suspension setup that would make Shock Therapy happy (yeah, almost makes me hate them ;-)), true factory turbo or SC.. Well, like the Raptor 700 I own (and love) guess we'll have to wait out the rest of the decade to get a revolutionary upgrade out of Yamaha. Will be sad if they make me go Talon for second SxS.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the shock therapy people. They promote what makes them money, period. As far as any insider info they had, they were not right on one thing Poo released this year, they know nothing more than anyone else.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I see a Yamaha 'General', will likely be better than the PoPo General (yes, I know it's a Wolverine). but was hoping for a truly upgraded YXZ, additional gear or 2, or hi/lo transfer case, return of RC2 X2s, or live valve type suspension, a little more travel, maybe different suspension setup that would make Shock Therapy happy (yeah, almost makes me hate them ;-)), true factory turbo or SC.. Well, like the Raptor 700 I own (and love) guess we'll have to wait out the rest of the decade to get a revolutionary upgrade out of Yamaha. Will be sad if they make me go Talon for second SxS.
YXZ major updates coming in model year 2022 from what I hear.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
New 2021 Wolverine RMAX 1000 being released on 03-Sep 10am EST. Some dealers are getting two units for sale and/or demo either on 03-Sep or 04-Sep. Big Pine Sports is taking one of their units immediately to Moab for testing. It should be an exciting week coming up. The Wolverine Forum is going nuts in anticipation of this new platform. Two and four seater being released at the same time.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I spoke with a large Yamaha dealer this week, they are getting two units this Friday for demos. I think it will be a two and four seater. The dealer told me that this new Wolverine will be a complete ground-up new machine. Yamaha is not using the existing Wolverine chassis as some have said. This dealer knows more than what he can say, and he says in general this new unit will not leave you wanting for much.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice of them to do the release first thing in the morning. Hopefully the site won't crash so everyone can get a look :)

41 - 60 of 95 Posts