Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
All of the 2021's are listed on the site, but no 2021 1000R SE. The regular R seems to have gotten the dual spring shocks though. Wondering if the SE will be no more?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like the yellowish black one but have learned that once the matte colors are scratched there is no way to get it out. Looks like 21 ss/se buyers get a free roof and rear view mirror, bastards...

Always nice when the next years release doesn't get tons of updates so your current year one doesn't seem dated:) Yea my 2020 still rocks!!!

What is up with the terrilbe color combo's for the xtr's? No offense to the guys who like them but I went to buy a 20 xtr until I saw the color combo in person and the new green, ugh!!! That is most defiantly not for me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is ridiculous. Yamaha releases this RMAX thing with a 4 seat version???

There HAS TO be some serious reason they aren't releasing a 4 seat YXZ. Maybe it's because the extra weight isn't well handled by our low torque high reving engine? Or because the extra weight kills the clutch?

I don't get it.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
They have advertised for a long while that the two new models were not YXZ type but a new platform.

Too much extra weight for a dependable stock clutch.

I recon too they must
feel most hauling 4 want the belt drive auto trans and they are probably correct.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The Rmax is disappointing.
Looks like my old Rhino with new plastic.
My sister will be getting a Talon.

Grrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
223 Posts
I thought they looked good ??

Talon at the bottom for comparison and the RMAX looks much better I think.

The more I look the uglier the Talon gets. No comparison in my mind. Wolverine looks much better. The Honda lines don't flow at all. All chopped up with half the door missing, Seriously. Talon is ugly in comparison.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Meh, bodywork and lines look too low. Glad to see a 999cc twin. Pricing too high IMO.

Reactions: swyzr191

·
Registered
90 Posts
It is to compete with the General, not the sport utv's, thus the bed. Lot of people are looking for a machine that can work and play to justify the cost, or in the 4 seat version don't want one that is as long as a station wagon. Nice looking machine if you ask me. I really like the idea if you want to bang rocks and want a machine you can beat on all day buy a Wolverine. If you want a more refined car to fly around the woods or dunes get the Yxz.

·
Registered
63 Posts
IMHO, I think they nailed the sport/ute machine. It looks sharp, comfortable well laid out cab, and everything from HP/travel/clearance is top of the class. If I had a gripe, it would be that it need more room for larger tires. Now it may accept 32" no problem but it looks like it would be tight.
YXZ will probably get a refresh to compete with the top turbos now that they have they sport/ute category locked up for a few yrs. I doubt we will see a 4 seat YXZ, they classify it as a pure sport, not a family wagon. I am perfectly fine with that logic but, what I would like to see is the 64" refresh with more travel, HP NA, and a turbo R. Also a 72" turbo with long travel suspension to run with the pack of others.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yamaha.....incase your listening.....

Everything Dozer said PLUS a longer wheelbase. For those of us in the southwest it's got to be better in the whoops.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Interesting.
It seems to have a wet clutch driving a constant pressure belt?
10 year warranty on the belt?

<<
The Toughest Transmission
The Proven Off-Road technology of Yamaha’s Ultramatic® system is unmatched in the industry. Backed by the industry's only 10-year belt warranty, the CVT system utilizes a new, centrifugal wet clutch purpose-built to withstand the power from the new 999cc engine, and a constant tension belt system for tackling obstacles in high rev range without fear of damaging the belt. When more torque is needed, the low gear is perfect for challenging conditions. The robust CVT system means less time switching gears and more fun taking on any terrain.

My sister needs something I wont have to work on.
I would like to see some reviews.
It seems to have some whistles and bells - cab and floor lighting, lighted rocker switch, etc.
But 23k is a bit steep for 15" of wheel travel.
I'm seeing 4 seat Talon's for 23k
And 2020 YXZ's for 16k -

·
Registered
90 Posts
On those cheap Yxz prices don't forget to add freight, setup, dealer mark up, I'm from Oregon and looked into buying one I either had to have it shipped to me or if I wanted to pick it up I had to pay California sales tax. In the end the great sounding deal wasn't very great. Dealers who advertise those lowball prices suck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have to say, the Yamaha CVT is second to none for durability and function. I Had the 708cc 2016 Wolverine Rspec, no jerky (ever), low to no maintenance, and never heard of a machine blowing a belt. I have heard of some burning up wet clutch due to oversize mud lug tires in a thick mud hole. There is a fix for that though, install the slug kit from Hunterworks. Highly recommended if using for a large tire mud machine.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts