Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2021 yamaha yxz ss se black and neon green. On my way home after our first little ride the neon green radiator cover on the back flew off on the road and got run over.... any way to find one for sale somewhere or know how to get one, I cant find one anywhere.
16176711472256880924645007049866.jpg

·
Registered
300 Posts
Motosport, it is listed as ships in 5-8 days, that means it is on backorder. You will have to call to get a estimated actual ship date. With covid some things keep getting back ordered. I have a rear fender on order for one of my Raptors that has been backordered 3 times already.

You could take some automotive paint polish and probably buff out a lot of the tire marks until then or get a factory storage box, it will cover the whole thing.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I always take mine off when I open trailer. One thing you want to check when installing the cover is that the two tabs in the front where the intake grate is are hooked properly. Its easy to put the cover on and and have tabs hooked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motosport, it is listed as ships in 5-8 days, that means it is on backorder. You will have to call to get a estimated actual ship date. With covid some things keep getting back ordered. I have a rear fender on order for one of my Raptors that has been backordered 3 times already.

You could take some automotive paint polish and probably buff out a lot of the tire marks until then or get a factory storage box, it will cover the whole thing.
Ok, I will look into that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always take mine off when I open trailer. One thing you want to check when installing the cover is that the two tabs in the front where the intake grate is are hooked properly. Its easy to put the cover on and and have tabs hooked.
Yes, from now on I will probabaly take it of when on an open trailer

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2021 yamaha yxz ss se black and neon green. On my way home after our first little ride the neon green radiator cover on the back flew off on the road and got run over.... any way to find one for sale somewhere or know how to get one, I cant find one anywhere. View attachment 117995
I just bought a 2021 yamaha yxz ss se black and neon green. On my way home after our first little ride the neon green radiator cover on the back flew off on the road and got run over.... any way to find one for sale somewhere or know how to get one, I cant find one anywhere. View attachment 117995
That sucks!! I actually had mine in for service and on the way home mine blew off and was lost!! I made the dealer replace it since they just worked on it. However it made me nervous that I would do the same thing so I used a cable fishing leader and drilled small holes on the cover and the SxS so if it comes off HOPEFULLY I won’t lose it. I can post pics later if there is interest.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That sucks!! I actually had mine in for service and on the way home mine blew off and was lost!! I made the dealer replace it since they just worked on it. However it made me nervous that I would do the same thing so I used a cable fishing leader and drilled small holes on the cover and the SxS so if it comes off HOPEFULLY I won’t lose it. I can post pics later if there is interest.
Please Post photos I have never had mine come off but would like to save it if it does come loose

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please Post photos I have never had mine come off but would like to save it if it does come loose
All I used was a cheap carabiner clip, roughly 12” long cable fishing leader and a keychain ring. And as you can see the keychain ring needs replaced because I was an idiot and deformed it while installing it. Hope these help!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just remount it with some washers where the holes got ripped..rub it out a little..its a battle wound..these things are made to scuff up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just remount it with some washers where the holes got ripped..rub it out a little..its a battle wound..these things are made to scuff up
Break out the fiberglass mat and the resin and have at it. You won’t make it any worse off and you might surprise yourself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That sounds like a good design but I'm probabaly just going to take it off every time I haul it somewhere in a open trailer

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just installed the Yamaha storage box for my 2020 XTR and it looks like it is a tight fit with that back cover maybe it will help with keeping mine from flying off during transient.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts