Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it too early to start speculating about updates to the YXZ for 2021? I thought I read that Yamaha has hinted at releasing something 'revolutionary' in mid 2020.... I have a '17 yxz SS SE and thinking about upgrading.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Rumor is a new machine between the YXZ and Wolverine. I'm thinking 1000cc with belt drive. A capable rock crawler with lots of suspension would be nice.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Is it too early to start speculating about updates to the YXZ for 2021? I thought I read that Yamaha has hinted at releasing something 'revolutionary' in mid 2020.... I have a '17 yxz SS SE and thinking about upgrading.....
I have asked around, spoke with dealers, and I believe it will be a sport model with a drivetrain designed for rocks and desert stuff. Could be both a 2 and 4 seater, to compete with the new KRX from Kawasaki. The X2 and X4 are designed more for the recreation user, the Viking for the utility end of the market. The dealer reveal meeting is June 2-5, in Park City, Utah. When this event was announced last Oct, the dealers were told it would be something (new product) that would "shake-up" the industry and have them "talking". The YXZ is not officially targeted as a rock crawler, I think this new offering will complete the line-up and compete more head-on for terrain like Moab. My YXZ does great in Moab, but I see way more X2's and X4's than YXZ's.

I think it will have the YXZ engine, with more of a long-travel suspension and wheelbase combined with either a revolutionary drive train or a centrifugal clutch. I just don't see it being anything else given where the competition is positioned. The fact that this dealer meeting is in Park City, and it is a 4 day event -- the demo rides could be in Moab or near Green River that both have tons of rocks and desert. Yamaha is in this for the long-haul, and this new product offering should be a SXS they have had in the planning stages for a while that will be way cool.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Rebadged Wildcat XX?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I spoke with the Yamaha guys at KOH. They said likely no changes other than making it pass California emissions.
thank God ! To much invested into what I have lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I spoke with the Yamaha guys at KOH. They said likely no changes other than making it pass California emissions.
I am happy and very content with my YXZ, i just hope we get some type of 4 seater that is "more aggressive/sporty" than the wolverine. Really want to trade the wife's yxz in on a 4 seater but it has to be a Yamaha.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I have asked around, spoke with dealers, and I believe it will be a sport model with a drivetrain designed for rocks and desert stuff. Could be both a 2 and 4 seater, to compete with the new KRX from Kawasaki. The X2 and X4 are designed more for the recreation user, the Viking for the utility end of the market. The dealer reveal meeting is June 2-5, in Park City, Utah. When this event was announced last Oct, the dealers were told it would be something (new product) that would "shake-up" the industry and have them "talking". The YXZ is not officially targeted as a rock crawler, I think this new offering will complete the line-up and compete more head-on for terrain like Moab. My YXZ does great in Moab, but I see way more X2's and X4's than YXZ's.

I think it will have the YXZ engine, with more of a long-travel suspension and wheelbase combined with either a revolutionary drive train or a centrifugal clutch. I just don't see it being anything else given where the competition is positioned. The fact that this dealer meeting is in Park City, and it is a 4 day event -- the demo rides could be in Moab or near Green River that both have tons of rocks and desert. Yamaha is in this for the long-haul, and this new product offering should be a SXS they have had in the planning stages for a while that will be way cool.

I failed to mention when I posted this response several days ago, that I am expecting this new sport SXS from Yamaha will not be a YXZ. It will be new machine targeted to a different audience.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I failed to mention when I posted this response several days ago, that I am expecting this new sport SXS from Yamaha will not be a YXZ. It will be new machine targeted to a different audience.
When is this supposed to come out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
705 Posts
Anyone know when we will see 2021 lineup & info?

·
Registered
37 Posts
DAMN, everytime i see a new reply to this thread i get my hopes up that we have a sneak peak!!!! Yamaha must have the best security on the planet, i cant believe that there isnt a SINGLE leak.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even the Polaris rumor mill is quiet. Apparently all the guys at the factory leaking the secrets are out with Covid.....Lots of good rumors coming out from Speed UTV lately since he (Robby) does a weekly webcast....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I asked my dealer if he heard anything and he said he is usually the last to know. The suspense is killing me. I’m just waiting to hear before I make my next purchase. The rumour is something is coming between a YXZ and Wolverine. I’m thinking it will be based on the YXZ with either a CVT or an auto shifting transmission. I think a 2 seat and four seat version will be available. I’m hoping it isn’t any wider than 64”. Hopefully Yamaha will release information soon.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Even the Polaris rumor mill is quiet. Apparently all the guys at the factory leaking the secrets are out with Covid.....Lots of good rumors coming out from Speed UTV lately since he (Robby) does a weekly webcast....
It looks so promising I placed a deposit on a Utt truck with ac/heating . I pray it’s all it’s made up to be .

·
Registered
188 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts