Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was hoping for an SS car that had an automatic mode for the wife. My fingers are still crossed..
I think we will see that or a CVT triple similar to the Wildcat XX as mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yamaha pre-announced a new platform last fall at a combined dealer meeting. I saw the video myself, not much detail but the VP making the announcement said it will have the industry talking. The introduction for the new 2021's was supposed to be held in Park City, Utah early last month. Yamaha was supposed to bring in the top dealers to this event. Park City is a high-end mountain resort town with the best of accommodations.

This meeting was cancelled as we all know. I don't think Yamaha would have originally sponsored such an event unless they had a major announcement(s) in the works. Covid has delayed any new product introductions until later in the year. The CARB report I am sure is delayed as well. My local dealer says new product introductions have been delayed until fall.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My dealer is trying to get information on the 2021 release date. I’m anxiously awaiting information on a new model.
Yes Covid sure has messed things up this year.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Just got word from a big Yamaha dealer here in Utah that the new 2021 product launch is going to be in September, exact date TBA. The YXZ was originally announced right after Labor Day 2015.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There will be a new Sport Model to compete with the General.I Don't know any details about Engine or Transmission type that Yamaha will use.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My hope is that they will use their proven 3 cylinder engine. I think they will mate it to a CVT transmission. I also hope they will keep it at 64” or under. I would like to see a decent size glove box and a center console storage with cup holders and a decent size rear deck. Minimum 28” tires with good ground clearance.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts