Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the 2022 Polaris Pro intro. 4 cylinder, 225hp 74 inches wide base priced all the way up to $41K. Wow the price of fun is getting up there. Lets hope we see some significant updates on the 2022 Yamaha YXZ this year.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ill buy property before i spend 40k on a “polaris” anything. Absolute junk quality nomatter how much they update. Id put them right at arctic cat quality…maybe less.
Not sure if you've ever owned a Polaris but ive owned 2 YXZ's and currently own a RzR turbo S4. I assure you i bleed blue if you know what i mean but Yamaha doesnt have anything to compete in the 4 seat high performance market. With that being said this polaris has been flawless for the 2000 miles i have had it. It does everything the YXZ did but smoother, faster, easier, etc. I have not noticed any "quality" issues you speak of.

The fact is Yamaha does not have anything even comparable to the new Polaris machines, i for one hope that changes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure if you've ever owned a Polaris but ive owned 2 YXZ's and currently own a RzR turbo S4. I assure you i bleed blue if you know what i mean but Yamaha doesnt have anything to compete in the 4 seat high performance market. With that being said this polaris has been flawless for the 2000 miles i have had it. It does everything the YXZ did but smoother, faster, easier, etc. I have not noticed any "quality" issues you speak of.

The fact is Yamaha does not have anything even comparable to the new Polaris machines, i for one hope that changes.
I have owned a 17 xp1000 and an 18 xp1000 highlifter that replaced my 17 when i totalled it. Nothing but issue after issue with both. Very cheaply built IMO. Nothing beats honda/yamaha build quality, hell even can am quality is pretty damn good.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a Razor and a Yxz, the only thing I like better about the Razor is the ride. As for quality the Polaris isn't in the same league. We ride logging roads so the power the Yami has is overkill for what we need. It is true if you need a 4 seater you are going elsewhere. I would hope for twice the money the new poo would be a better performing machine, but quality has never been high on their list for anything they build. Plus it still can't shift...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Razor and a Yxz, the only thing I like better about the Razor is the ride. As for quality the Polaris isn't in the same league. We ride logging roads so the power the Yami has is overkill for what we need. It is true if you need a 4 seater you are going elsewhere. I would hope for twice the money the new poo would be a better performing machine, but quality has never been high on their list for anything they build. Plus it still can't shift...
Are you also on the raptor forums? (the original raptor of course, not that ford thing)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Someone mentioned the the "Speed UTV" I think the project is a scam. Collect deposits , never to be seen again. I don't believe an independent guy (whatever his name is) can come up with the capitol to get through the regulations let alone create a manufacturing operation to make production cars. The polaris just tapped into his perceived market but 1 upped him with the 2 liter piston slapper.

·
Registered
2020 ss
20 Posts
Someone mentioned the the "Speed UTV" I think the project is a scam. Collect deposits , never to be seen again. I don't believe an independent guy (whatever his name is) can come up with the capitol to get through the regulations let alone create a manufacturing operation to make production cars. The polaris just tapped into his perceived market but 1 upped him with the 2 liter piston slapper.
You may be correct. Unfortunately. I’m hearing a lot of grumbling in the duner community that the speed utv will never come to market. They seemed so sweet, to good to be true it seems. ….and yeah polaris just pooped all over them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts