Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear if the 2022 will be something new or just new graphics? If there will be something new I will wait to buy a new machine. It is six years without a major redisign.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What they did in 19 was a major redesign for Yamaha. Most of their products run pretty much the same for their entire run. I'd look for an entire new product before a complete redesign.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I shouldnt hold my breath. LOL
I'm in the same position. I'm waiting for the 2022 model, hoping they do another major re-design. IMO, they need to go longer and wider with an optional full auto mode. A few more ponies wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
221 Posts
YXZ as we know it is done. The name is likely done as well. The '19 improvements, as awesome as they were, didn't move the needle like Yamaha had hoped. Thus we get BNG until the end.

But don't feel bad. The next Yamaha sport SxS will be off the charts! Similar to the way the RMAX has bested the General in every way, look for Yamaha to best all the current sport machines. More suspension than KRX, more gearing than Talon, and more HP than a turbo Can-Am.

·
Registered
79 Posts
YXZ as we know it is done. The name is likely done as well. The '19 improvements, as awesome as they were, didn't move the needle like Yamaha had hoped. Thus we get BNG until the end.

But don't feel bad. The next Yamaha sport SxS will be off the charts! Similar to the way the RMAX has bested the General in every way, look for Yamaha to best all the current sport machines. More suspension than KRX, more gearing than Talon, and more HP than a turbo Can-Am.
Yamaha has never been known for the highest performing right out of the box but more so the most potential, which is still true to now. No other sxs can compete with the power these can make turbod.

Just look at the banshee that was exactly the same from 91 until 2012, 34hp stock but can make over 100 with porting.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be happy with the current machine but with the Rmax's engine and transmision. I'm just not sure if want to shift gears anymore. I love my first gen Wolverine, but it's lacking horsepower and suspension. I could by a Rmax but those things are 300 lbs. heavier than the YXZ, and thats a bit of a turn off. So I'll wait and see what 2022 brings.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I bet the Yxz will be around for at least another 10 years. Yami doesn't build anything and only produce it for a few years. I know I love mine, I think it's the best built side by side out there right now. That's why it was at the top of my list this time around. Today we were plowing 2-3 feet of snow pinned in second for long periods of time. Narrow logging roads with steep cliffs on the sides. Pretty intense at times. Thick, wet and gooey. Kind of stuff you can get stuck going downhill in, and I kept thinking to myself I was glad my Razor was at home in the garage it would have shredded a belt or two or three :)

DSCN8184.JPG

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
On my second YXZ now, the 19' did bring some big improvements that i am still enjoying. I think the YXZ is the most underrated SXS in the industry for many reasons. However, I am moving on to the new RMAX 4 LE. I will keep my YXZ for now, still love it to death. We need a 4 seater, and the new RMAX checks all the boxes and then some. I agree that Yamaha has something killer in the works for a sport SXS, even if it is a gen 3 YXZ. They knocked it out of the park with the new RMAX and they will do the same for the sport segment as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I love this car, nothing better for the driving experience. I plan on keeping this for quite awhile unless Yamaha comes out with some major changes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any news on the 2022s yet?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would be happy with the current machine but with the Rmax's engine and transmision. I'm just not sure if want to shift gears anymore. I love my first gen Wolverine, but it's lacking horsepower and suspension. I could by a Rmax but those things are 300 lbs. heavier than the YXZ, and thats a bit of a turn off. So I'll wait and see what 2022 brings.
Huh,

Rmax engine/transmission ? Just buy a Rmax but don't ruin the YXZ

That would ruin it completely. Have you riden in a RMAX. OMG the noise. No way to upshift and bring rpm down sucks. The thing is screaming at 10mph and 30 and above is just ridiculous. Being forced to run the ratio it chooses/uses has the engine revving to the moon just to drive it.

I had a Gen 1 708cc Wolvie and those were quiet compared to the RMAX.

If the belt ratio was controlled with pulleys equipped with electric servo's that was controlled by computer or manual shift would be awesome way to fix it and still be belt driven and automatic or manual without the gear on gear transmission.

But you can do that with gear on gear they already have in them and it has been a fun machine that way. Add upshift capability and it is done.

The YXZ is awesome. A 2000cc V-6 might be the answer. Lol. Naturally aspirated making 250 hp would be a fun ride.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I watch all these changes but i come back to us just staying with the old yxz, does enough for the exploring we do these days and we don’t want the bill of a new machine and then still have to add things i want/need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts